COMD 4900 Spring 2020: Working Remotely

This is my first week working remotely. It has been pretty easy to get used to, because it is not a huge change from what I was doing initially at the internship. At the internship, I mostly worked on my computer anyway, as they did not need too much help with anything else that was not design related. Working from home has been relaxing, and I can pace myself on each of the designs that I make.

I have been focusing on making designs that are visually interesting, but also easy to read, and look at. Since these designs are to be used as templates, I have been focusing on making it easy to navigate for the people who will edit it.

I have been making templates on Illustrator, and packaging each of the files. I have been making extra options for some of them, with different colorways. Making sure to package everything, including fonts, so it will be easy for them to edit.

This shows me how important it is to keep files organized and named, so that it is easy for people to navigate. Since the files are fairly big, because they are not just PDFs, it is important for me to keep in mind how much I send them at a time.

Besides that, nothing else has really changed, and I have been experimenting with different design methods. Now is a good time to be experimental, as they value creative freedom, and I can try out new things, to see what works and what does not.