Starting the internship I wasn’t fully sure what this internship was about but after our first meeting I got a better understanding with what we will do, just like a normal class semester I will understand it more as the weeks go on. I have taken classes with Professor Hitchings and Wilna so I feel comfortable being in this internship environment and working and meeting new people.

After reading the first chapter of Information: A Very Short Introduction it was a bit confusing to me at first, I had to read some of the paragraphs a few times to understand it. One part that stood out to me was when it discussed the life cycle information and the phases such as occurrence, transmission, processing and management and usage. This all sums up the length of time that the evolution of information life cycles has taken to bring to society. Most of what I understood is that we as designers are the future and we are in charge of what gets made, reused and talked about over again through the decades. Another part that stood out to me was being aware of the transformations of our environment, such as time, space and interactions. At the end I gained more information about the Information Communication Technologies (ICTs). The evolution of technology is important for communication systems, such as updated printers. Printers being invented helped out with mass production of artwork and it’s an important system for processing and production.