Knickerbocker Hotel Reflection

• What did you like/dislike about the site visit to the 1 Hotel?

Visiting the Knickerbocker hotel was hands down one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of touring. I really liked the format of the rooms. When I entered the different guest rooms, I really enjoyed looking at the bathrooms, since they looked so bright and aesthetically pleasing. The rooms were also soundproof, all the car hocking and other loud noises all disappeared when we were in those rooms. Another thing I really liked was going on the rooftop and having such a close view to where the ball drops during the new year. The rooftop had so many plants and lights that I know look amazing at night.

• What is one aspect of the site visit that made you want to or not want to work in the lodging industry

One aspect of the site visit that made me want to work in the lodging industry is how welcoming and close every single one of the employees were. I truly felt very comfortable as we were given a tour and had that mini panel discussion with some of the staff members. I really love how the hotel has created a family within the workers and that’s something I would really love to be a part of one day.