Erika Michaca

As a student I always strive to do my best in all my classes. One major problem that I have is that I am good at procrastinating, but little by little I am trying my best to change that.

As a child I remember sitting down in front of the TV with my brother and watching the Food Network channel. I know it’s weird, children watching the food network, but this was before we discovered Disney Channel.  Besides the point this is when I first got introduced to the culinary scene.  The one thing that fascinated me most was desserts, anything having to do with pastries, baking, all of that I loved watching.  As I got older I started helping my mom out in the kitchen. My favorite part was making the dessert, which wasn’t so often since in my family no ones has a big sweet tooth but on occasions I would make cookies, and cakes.

Academically I wasn’t always the best student my grades were around 70 to 80’s. This is something I hope to change, because I know that I am capable of much more. I wasn’t so sure that I even wanted to go to college, but after much thinking and talking to my teachers I realize that I should at least try it out. I was always  interested in culinary mainly pastries this is what led me to find the hospitality management program here at City Tech. Now that I am enrolled in college I hope to reach and possibly exceed my expectations that I have for myself academically.

Career experience related to this major I don’t have. The only job experience I really have was working as a tutor in Kumon but that only lasted for a year since my school schedule conflict too much with my work schedule.I do hope in the near future to find a job, either it be in a bakery or anything involving culinary or pastries. My long term career goal is to open up my own bakery.

My personal strengths would be, able to work in groups, being a social person, and being a problem solver. This I believe will become professional attributes since in this industry. Being able to network will help me to move further along in my career because it will present me to new opportunities and I will be presented to new people who can help me move further along in my career.

3 thoughts on “Erika Michaca

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

College will help you learn that procrastination creates stress and you will not want to procrastinate! You will learn self discipline and reap the benefits of it. College will also help you show what you know and focus on attaining the grades you know you can achieve. Seek out tutors and study groups to make this easier!

2. Tiffany19

i can relate to you a lot as i am good at procrastinator and i do which to change that also. i as well use to watch the food network channel when i was young it was very intersecting watching the people back and cook different meals. Watching the cooking channel did spark my interest at first and i did wanna become a chef but that career choice died down. we share a lot of similarity’s because i was a very average student and i knew i was able to do more but i never pushed myself. Networking is very big in college i hope network with right people and are able to open up your own bakery