Anahi Rodriguez eprofile edit

Throughout my lifetime, my home has always been filled with the joy and laughter of people during small gatherings or parties. I watched my mom go out of her way to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. At a young age, I quickly mirrored her and I would try my best to accommodate our guests by offering and giving them drinks and food. This sparked my passion for providing care and help to others.

I was able to exhibit my passion when I attended Long Island City High School as part of the hospitality small learning community. Not only did I learn about lodging, tourism, event planning but I was able to showcase my basic hospitality skills in school events. I always made sure to help set up and prepare for events like, school dances, parent teacher conferences, award ceremonies and talent shows. I plan on continuing my academic success and volunteer work through my years at City Tech.

Through my volunteering, I was then given a paid internship with Zone 126, a community partner with my school. I created events, designed bulletin boards, translated for teachers and parents, served food to students after school and completed basic office work. Then, I was given a paid summer Internship at the Hyatt Centric Times Square Hotel as a Human Resources intern. I worked alongside, Human Resources and took charge of my own project called Operation Backpack, completed office work and distributed food vouchers to all the employees when the kitchen was closed. I was also able to work alongside Guest Services where I created gift bags for guests and dropped them off to their rooms, inspected the guest rooms and during special occasions, I decorated guest rooms

After this internship, my love for the hospitality industry became so much clearer. It influenced me to attend City Tech, want to become a General Manager and to possibly open up my own hotels around the world. With having all these big dreams, I hope to maintain good grades, put all my effort into my school work and to enrich my hospitality knowledge.

For years now, I have developed many strengths. For instance, I am creative, a problem solver, a leader and a team player, hard working and empathetic. All of those personal strengths have helped me succeed through high school and my job experiences with zone 126 and Hyatt Centric. I plan to continue to use them and develop them thoroughly in order to grow as a professional and to strengthen my work ethic.

Throughout my lifetime, people have always been in and out of my house during small gatherings or parties. I always watched my mom go out of her way to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. I quickly developed this trait and from a young age, I would do simple things, such as, offering and giving our guests something to drink or something to eat. This sparked my passion for providing care and help to others. I was able to exhibit my passion when I attended Long Island City High School. Being apart of the hospitality small learning community, allowed me to learn about lodging, tourism, event planning, sustainability and so much more. I quickly became fascinated with the industry and made sure to be involved in any way I could. I did live the lifestyle of a student athlete, who was on the honor roll and had a job but I always managed to volunteer during school events. I also made sure to put in all my effort in my school work and I hope to continue that in college. During my time at City Tech, I hope to enrich my knowledge of hospitality and to become involved in the hospitality community, as I maintain good grades.

During my high school experience, I did volunteer to set up and prepare for events like, school dances, parent teacher conferences, award ceremonies and talent shows. Initially, I did all that as a volunteer who enjoyed helping out but then I was given the opportunity to work with Zone 126. This organization is a partner with my school and they are in charge of creating events, designing bulletin boards and providing free SAT Prep. As I worked with them, I would create bulletin boards, be a translator for parents and teachers, served food for the students when they attended SAT prep and completed office work. Later on, through my school, I was given a paid summer Internship the Hyatt Centric Times Square Hotel as a Human Resources intern. I worked alongside, Human Resources and was in charge of my own project called Operation Backpack. I was given a budget and I had to buy as many school supplies within that budget for as many students. I completed that task and gathered about 70 backpacks with supplies for children in need. I did a lot of organizing, office work and I distributed food vouchers to all the employees when the kitchen was closed. I was also able to work alongside Guest Services. With Guest Services, I was able to create gift bags for new guest and dropped them off in there room. I also had to inspect the rooms before the guest came to make sure it was clean for them. Additionally, during special occasions, I decorated guest rooms. After this internship, my love for the hospitality industry became so much clearer. My goal is to one day be the General Manager of my own hotel. Also, to possibly one day open up my own hotels around the world.

Throughout my life, I have developed many strengths. For instance, I am creative, a problem solver, a leader and a team player, hard working and empathetic. All of those personal strengths have helped me succeed through high school and through my job experiences with zone 126 and Hyatt Centric. I plan to continue to use them and develop them thoroughly to grow as a professional.

2 thoughts on “Anahi Rodriguez eprofile edit

1. Jennifer Jimenez

I could relate to your goals because I’m also thinking about becoming a General Manager at hotel. I was interest in working at hotels because ever since I was small, my dad had inspired me since he works for the Midtown Hilton Hotel in Manhattan, NY. He used to take me to his job when it was, “bring your child to work day,” that was when he worked in the department of Food and Beverage. But now, I’m not sure if I want to work in the lodging industry or airline industry.