PDF of InfoLit_Rubric (print this rubric, complete it, attach it to the back of your essay)
industry-leader-profile-assignement-peer-review (print this and attach it to the resubmitted assignment)
You have recently been hired by _____ [choose an industry leader or leading organization in the field you wish to start your career with]. As part of the orientation process you are asked to write an essay explaining what you know about the leader/organization and what your career goals are.
Role and Audience
The essay is to be written as if the department head of your desired work location will be reading it.
Follow APA Standards including but not limited to:
- Title page
- Proper page numbers, spacing and font
- Reference page
- Minimum of ~300 words, ~375 words preferred
- Submit a rough draft, reviewed by a writing tutor, to the back of the final submission.
- Inclusion of three (3) reliable/academic sources with reference page
- Proofread and free of typos and grammatical errors
- Effective sentence structure
- Inclusion of proper industry terminology and the understanding of the impact the chosen person or organization has had on the hospitality industry
- Thoughtful and coherent communication of career goals
Criteria for Assessment
See information literacy and writing rubrics
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of the hospitality and tourism industry through written business communication
- Gather information from observation in regard to the hospitality and tourism industries from a local, national and international perspective and his/her role within the industry
- Understand and discuss the roles and responsibilities of key executives and department heads in the hospitality and tourism industries and their impact on trends in the industry
- Describe key management functions using professional terms and communication standards