Food and Beverage Management: Research and Development
Active participation contributes to class participation grade
Participate in a site visit of a NYC Food Hall and engage in discussions about food and beverage management at the food hall as it pertains to food and beverage management and service standards.
- *Sarah, Neil, Karen, Lily, Marisol
- *Sam, Mimi, Daniel, Dale, Michelle
- *Loribeth, Robert, Destiny, Bao, Emily
- *Ri Dong, Kaylah, Angela, Lizbel
- *Roxanne, Pedro, Chris, Anna
Brookfield Place outside Le District, 225 Liberty Street, Manhattan
There are benches and tables in the main courtyard inside the mall in front of the store.
8:30 Meet at Brookfield Place
Attendance will be taken (Stewart Groups 1, 2, 3) (Goodlad Groups 4 &5). Check in with your assigned group to make sure everyone has arrived.
8:45 Activity One
9:30 Meet at ______________________________ To report on findings
9:50 Activity Two
10:30 Meet at ______________________________ To report on findings
11:00 Class dismissed for lunch http://brookfieldplaceny.com/directory/food/all
Prior to class
- read the chapters pertaining to food and beverage and restaurants (Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7)
- learn about the site of our visit (Le District)
Day of class
- Self guided small group tour
- Small group presentations
- Create one post per group to the HMGT1101 OpenLab site before November 4 to include:
- Names of people in your group and their F&B job title including a brief description of the responsibilities of that position.
- The two most significant observations made by your group for all three activities (total of six observations)