Time to Collaborate!

From the beginning of the internship I was always tagged with a woman by the name of Ilana. My supervisor had always tagged us in Slack posts to let us know updates on future work. But who is this woman you may be asking. Well, she’s head of marketing at Komeeda. She is the boss lady of marketing, the head honcho of marketing, she is the reason marketing exists. Okayyyyy, that last statement might be a little much but what I’m trying to say is she is really good at what she does. Marketing and creative teams work along side one another in the industry, they let us know whether a campaign works or not. So obviously we were destined to collaborate on a project at one point in the internship.

The project we started collaborating on was the social media tactics strategy. This project was something I initially started alone but soon discovered Ilana was working on it as well. So I quickly ran through what I was discovering and doing for it, too her. She gave me the go ahead on it. I started with Facebook, Komeeda’s lowest interactive social media platform. The first thing I needed to do was gather research and find out what was going wrong/right on the Facebook page.

Ilana had sent me some of Komeeda’s competitors that I can look into as well as the ones I have discovered. I never did any marketing work prior to this project but I have compared it to the research stage in the design process, which I was taught in school. I took my time investigating what our audience does throughout social media and how they may find us throughout the platforms. Ilana was extremely helpful in our updates that took place through Slack, email and video conferences. When we were communicating which took place Monday-Thursday we would collaborate on how to further get information. What questions we may want to ask regarding marketing.

I trusted her expertise and found that she gave me a lot of compliments on my work ethic, along with my presentation of the research. She was easy to talk too as well. She never made me feel less knowledgeable instead she encouraged me to find solutions and go as far as I can with my research. When I was finished with the Facebook tactics she loved it so much she asked if I can keep going and do Instagram next. I had the time available so I continued on. Once I was finished with Instagram, she praised my great presentation and found what I did to be spot on. So and I furthered my PDF presentation by excepting to do Twitter next which I am now in the process of doing. Each section of the PDF would be evaluated by her and she would give me feedback where I needed.

This gave me not only an experience of collaboration but also knowledge with marketing. Knowledge I hope to continue exploring in the future with this incredible marketing partner Ilana.

Till next time everyone!

Haijra Heidi Bajraktarevic, Komeeda, Dept. of Communication Design, NYCCT/CUNY, Summer 2018, COMD-4900/D032[7372]