Police brutality. when taking a step back and really thinking about what this means you can get ideas like violence, murder, abuse of power and even fear. Some people just brush it off their shoulders in order to stay out of it and think things like “that’s not my problem” which is wrong, although we can not help in a big scale on our own, we can make a difference if join in as a community because believe or not this affects everyone no matter who you are or where you come from, today could be me but tomorrow this could happen to you because this is out of control. The reason why this topic is so important to everyone and their communities is because police brutality affects everyone not just blacks or hispanic or other races and just because the changes of a “white person” are much lower than a “black person” does not mean that a “white person” won’t be a victim of this cruel act.  And so it makes me think, are we truly free? because if we have been fighting for so long to be equal in and have the same freedom as others, is living in fear what we wanted? Living in fear just demonstrates not we are yet to really be free and so police brutality is in a way the same as it was many years ago where people would have to fear the police because just like now we feel powerless against them, if we need to trust in the police to come to our help we must trust that the color of our skin will not play a factor in the way we are treated. Although it is true that everyone is affected by this it does not mean we are equally affected, as previously mentioned people of color have a higher chance of suffering from police brutality than the so called “white people,” and the reasons for this is because of things like stereotypes which is things/titles that are placed on to a community by other communities. Reasons like these are what makes me believe that racism and police brutality are connected, if not one and the same.