It was like any other ordinary day. At home with my mother and her godmother. I was sitting on the couch on my phone, while my mother and her godmother were cooking. Later my mother’s godmother came to me asking for help for something she didn’t know how to function on her phone. After helping her she thanked me and told me you should always be “entuyete”. At first I was confused not only because I never heard that word before but also because I didn’t really know so much Spanish at that time. My mothers god godmother is a very wise woman. She is actually someone I look up to apart from my parents. She has been like another mother for me, she has guided me with many wise words and phrases in my life. 

Entuyete was a word she caught me. It means keep learning. Later she elaborated more on the definition. Which was great because at first the word didn’t really seem important to me. She told me how she notices me observing and learning everything around me. Whether I’m on my phone, or at home, or when I’m outside. Everything I see I gain a bit more information about. Which was interesting because I actually never noticed it before. Although you might think it’s something obvious but it’s actually not, because it’s something you don’t realize doing. Listening to her about how I absorb everything  new around me and adding it to my knowledge. Seemed very important and interesting to hear. 

However, she also explained how it is an important quality to have as a person. Mostly because not everyone can learn and understand as quickly as others. Also take away certain information from viewing. Which is something that’s going to help you a lot in the future. Although I didn’t really believe it at first, which I thought to myself because sometimes it takes me some time to understand certain things. Well that’s what I thought. I have always considered myself as a slower person. Meaning I won’t generally get anything right away. On the other hand my mothers god mother was a wise woman. I would actually call her a bruja. Meaning a witch because sometimes she knew things that would happen before it even happens. On one side I believed her but on another side just because I know myself I couldn’t fully believe her. After her explaining in depth the meaning of the word it was still a little confusing to understand. Which is why I stand with I’m not a fast learner. Although entuyete was a very unique and interesting word, which is why it stuck to me. 

On the next day, I couldn’t stop thinking about that word and how she defined me with it . Which got me thinking, do I really absorb new information around me and get something new out of it. Meaning I actually do learn a lot from my surroundings, which I actually never realized before which was mind blowing. I remember this time I was working and I was being taught how to use the register for the first time. It was so much information at once that I had to learn and process. I was very overwhelmed and so nervous because I didn’t want to make any mistakes. Shocking after my shift was over and being at the register the whole time, I actually did great. Not to say so myself my manager actually congratulated me for doing an excellent job for my first at the register. I realized my nervousness of me committing any mistakes actually pushed me to not. Meaning I took in all this information and pushed myself to exceed in  what I was supposed to do at work. Then I remember that word my mothers god mother told me entuyete, which is exactly what I did. Took everything I learned and focused on it to help me do my task.

Since then it’s been a word I use till this day. Everytime I remember it, it makes me be more aware of everything around me and see what new information I can take out of and apply to my knowledge. Which is actually very interesting to do because you get to analyze wherever you are and you actually get  a lot of new information that  comes to your mind. Later you’ll get a piece of information or an idea of something you never thought of before. Also it’s helped me a lot because it has also made me become a wise young woman for my age. Which I’m very grateful for my mothers godmother in teaching this word and it’s meaningful definition. Although the word might seem simple but has an amazing definition and gave me a whole different look of perspective in my educational life and in life in general.

Lastly, entuyete has been a word that I haven’t ever heard outside from my family members. Meaning not a lot of people know this word and if they do they most likely know Spanish because it is a Spanish language word. However it’s a very rare word because not even my spanish friends know about it or even heard of it before. Although this word has helped me on what I’m determined to learn by just thinking about it. It’s like an extra push for yourself to take any new knowledge thrown your way and absorb it and use it for future references. Which really comes in handy because everything you learn every day might not seem important but for sure will be in the future. I have personally noticed things that you learn from the past come up in the future. Which it’s so helpful because having all that knowledge stored up for whenever you need it. Which is why entuyete is keep learning because it is never too much to learn.