Writing for the Public

Homework #1

The video helped me realized not all people are given equal treatment in who they are. Some change to try to fit into what is considered normal. Some are forced to change into what is perceived as the norm. So who am I? After staring at this question, I felt perplexed. I felt this way because it’s a simple question with different answers depending on who you ask. My father would say I am 2nd generation living in America. He would say that I am quiet, short-tempered, and well educated. My mother would respond that I am 3rd generation here and that my name means gift from God (Which is debatable). Friends would say I’m a decent person who is slow-witted and hate that I have a neutral stance on topics. Teachers from Kindergarten through High school all said I was smart but lazy. There are even some people who would consider me a terrible person but, those are people who only heard about me from word of mouth. Who am I to me? I am Matthew Moscol, a 20-year-old who decided halfway through college to change majors. I am shy and don’t consider myself outgoing. I live in the Bronx with my parents and two dogs. I do not believe myself smart but, I am also not dumb. I am a mix of Puerto Rican, Peruvian, and Italian. I have no clue how to speak Spanish or Italian. I am alright with who I am and would only change probably like two things about me.

1. Carrie Hall

So much personality in this!