Writing for the Public

Homework 1

When we were watching the video in class I had to go back and look at the video again. It got me thinking a lot of things. Part of a person is a name but people might not know who is the person behind the name. Just like you shouldn’t judge a book by the cover you shouldn’t ever judge a person by its name. Some people might say there are weird names there’s not weird they can be hard to pronounce but there are no bad or ugly names. I feel like you should never complain about the name you had been given. The reading made me realize a lot of great things that we put to a side but are very interesting. Sometimes your culture can influence the name you are been given.

Who am I? Well, my name is Carlos my dad give me the name. Is the kinda traditional thing in my family I guess. My dad’s name is Carlos Cesar one of my brothers is named Carlos Steven and the other one is named Carlos David and my first and second name is Carlos Ranciel. This is kind of annoying because for example when we go on a trip together and they ask for Carlos we don’t know which one it is. On the other hand, I feel good about my name because that’s who I am. Some people understand that Carlos is a bad name but what they don’t know is that behind those 6 letters there are so many great things like kindness, loyalty, and friendly and more. Therefore if I would of say that am not proud of my name I would have been lying. Love your name, love your self and love the story and the great person that is behind each person’s name.

1. Carrie Hall

Why do you think people think Carlos is a bad name?