Reading Effectively Across The Disciplines – Biology

active 2 months, 2 weeks ago
This Project Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Project Site.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences
Biological Sciences
Project Description

This project serves to disseminate material generated by the reading initiative of City Tech. Please feel free to contribute, discuss and take part.

Pre-semester quiz

Here is a sample of a pre-semester quiz that could be used as a means of assessing prior knowledge. You could give it out on the first day of class and then again at the end of the semester and see the improvement. See MorePre-semester quiz

New Biology 1101 Syllabus – READ Initiative

This is a redesigned syllabus to account for sections involved in the READ initiative and I will be using it for mine. Please feel free to modify it to suit your section and remove PLTL if you are not doing this. I made slight changes to […] See MoreNew Biology 1101 Syllabus – READ Initiative

Sample Lecture Slides – Lecture 1

Here is a sample of my slides for lecture 1. I've used the textbook slides and modified them to ensure that the text is large, easy to read and consistent. In addition, I've added in the reading objectives and given the lecture structure […] See MoreSample Lecture Slides – Lecture 1

Getting Started with Measurements Document

This is just a simple sample explanation of how to take measurements of physical objects in the Manufacturing (Tools Skills) Lab including mechanical parts with the use of a marking pencil, metal scriber, and ultimately a ( […] See MoreGetting Started with Measurements Document

EMT 1130 Electromechanical Manufacturing Technology (Tools Skills) Laboratory – Fall 2013 Course Outline Syllabus for D364 Section

The EMT 1130 Course Description goes along the following lines: The student is trained in the proper selection and use of various hand and machine tools used in the assembly, testing and maintenance of electromechanical equipment […] See MoreEMT 1130 Electromechanical Manufacturing Technology (Tools Skills) Laboratory – Fall 2013 Course Outline Syllabus for D364 Section