MAT1372 Statistics with Probability, FA2018

active 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Mathematics
MAT 1372

A 3 credit but 4 hour introductory course. Topics include sample space, expectation and variance, binomial, Poisson, normal, student and chi-square distributions, confidence interval, hypothesis testing, correlation and regression. Students do a group project comparing 2 numeric variables and present at the end of the semester. The extra classroom hour is designed to facilitate a hands-on feel to the course including a heavy use of R supplemented by some use of MS Excel.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Final Post

This semester has taught me that statistics is more then just number and data. It thought me how […] See MoreFinal Post

Final Post

The topics that were taught in this course will be crucial in my academic journey ahead as well as […] See MoreFinal Post

Final Post

This semester I learned a lot of topic that I had never known before like the  standard deviation […] See MoreFinal Post

Now that I have some basic knowledge on statistics, my impression on how it will move forward on […] See More

Response to Javana’s questions: What do you think is actually causing this increase in climate c […] See More

During this semester I finally found out what I would like to major in for my bacholers. I want to […] See More

Introduction: Eric Park

As this semester is coming to an end, through out this course I have learned new tools which will be useful in my field. Most interesting topic in this course was calculating Chi square value with degree of freedom to test the null […] See MoreIntroduction: Eric Park

Introduction: Nicole Caicedo

its good to hear that you are following someone u look up to and tracing their steps See MoreIntroduction: Nicole Caicedo

Introduction: Gabriel Rivera Santillan

Hello, my name is Gabriel Rivera Santillan and I am a sophomore student who is undeclared as of yet but I have many options in mind. My favorite hobbies is sports and traveling around the world to try and experience new cultures. I […] See MoreIntroduction: Gabriel Rivera Santillan