MAT1372 Statistics with Probability, FA2018

• Introduction: Eric Park
  • #50179

Eric Park

Hello, my name is Eric and I transferred to City Tech last semester.
    My major is bioinformatics and I’m taking this course because math1372 is one of the required course.
    I believe this course is needed because bioinformatic deals with massive amount of data. Statistic is a good tool to analyze to make sense of gathered data.

I thought this class was all about numbers and but it looks like it has lot to do with programming which makes me nervous.
    Hopefully at the end of this semester I’ll be able to use R comfortably.

#52239

Eric Park

As this semester is coming to an end, through out this course I have learned new tools which will be useful in my field. Most interesting topic in this course was calculating Chi square value with degree of freedom to test the null hypothesis. It was interesting because I was using chi square for genetics class I’m currently taking. I was doing the calculation for chi square value in genetics but I didn’t know the meaning behind it. Taking this course helped me to understand why we use p value to test the hypothesis. Learning through data camp was tough but this gave me a glimpse of what R coding looks like. Thankfully I’ll be learning more of R language next semester which will help me understand it better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)