MAT1372 Statistics with Probability, FA2018

active 4 years, 7 months ago
Mathematics
MAT 1372

A 3 credit but 4 hour introductory course. Topics include sample space, expectation and variance, binomial, Poisson, normal, student and chi-square distributions, confidence interval, hypothesis testing, correlation and regression. Students do a group project comparing 2 numeric variables and present at the end of the semester. The extra classroom hour is designed to facilitate a hands-on feel to the course including a heavy use of R supplemented by some use of MS Excel.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Ezra Halleck

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Final Post

This semester has taught me that statistics is more then just number and data. It thought me how […] See MoreFinal Post

Final Post

The topics that were taught in this course will be crucial in my academic journey ahead as well as […] See MoreFinal Post

Final Post

This semester I learned a lot of topic that I had never known before like the  standard deviation […] See MoreFinal Post

Comment on "Introduction – Christopher Mena"

Now that I have some basic knowledge on statistics, my impression on how it will move forward on […] See MoreComment on "Introduction – Christopher Mena"

Comment on "Graph in the news"

Response to Javana’s questions: What do you think is actually causing this increase in climate c […] See MoreComment on "Graph in the news"

Comment on "Introduction 1372"

During this semester I finally found out what I would like to major in for my bacholers. I want to […] See MoreComment on "Introduction 1372"

Introduction: Eric Park

As this semester is coming to an end, through out this course I have learned new tools which will be useful in my field. Most interesting topic in this course was calculating Chi square value with degree of freedom to test the null […] See MoreIntroduction: Eric Park

Introduction: Nicole Caicedo

its good to hear that you are following someone u look up to and tracing their steps See MoreIntroduction: Nicole Caicedo

Introduction: Gabriel Rivera Santillan

Hello, my name is Gabriel Rivera Santillan and I am a sophomore student who is undeclared as of yet but I have many options in mind. My favorite hobbies is sports and traveling around the world to try and experience new cultures. I […] See MoreIntroduction: Gabriel Rivera Santillan