HMGT2402 Goodlad Spring 2017

active 3 days, 18 hours ago
HMGT2402 Goodlad Spring 2017
Prof. Karen Goodlad
Hospitality Management
2402
Spring 2017

Prof. Goodlad Leads students through an introduction to fermented beverages throughout the world. Study of beverage making and tasting procedures including jargon particular to the beverage trade is reinforced.

Innovation + Regulation = Hops in NY

New York has a diverse climate for many agriculture and a couple of innovators is bringing hops […] See MoreInnovation + Regulation = Hops in NY

Wine Vocabulary 101

The Wine Spectator is an impressive resource of wine information: http://www.winespectator.com/glossary See MoreWine Vocabulary 101

Tasting Suggestions

So what do you think about this? How do you plan your own tasting notes? Wine Folly Tasting […] See MoreTasting Suggestions

I was actually able to get a business card from the GM and meant to give it to you. I thought we […] See More

I like your analogy of "kids in a candy store" I often feel that way and also believe that a well […] See More

We have a senior at City Tech conducting their internship with NY Distilling company, I like that […] See More

Wine Additives article – Wine Folly

"Ironically, Brazil is the the second largest producer of GM crops in the world after the U.S., and grows 29 varieties of GM corn, so they are likely pulling rank for trade rather than hoping to save their population’s health — but at lea […] See MoreWine Additives article – Wine Folly

Interesting News out of California

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a news item that was very à propos considering our North American wines lectures of late. It's an older item but interesting nonetheless […] See MoreInteresting News out of California

Retail Question Ideas

Which wine is the most popular and why? What is hot now? How much are consumers paying for a bottle of wine for a celebration? for a gift? for everyday? What is your best value wine (red or white)? Do you have a proprietary wine? How did […] See MoreRetail Question Ideas

Set-up, service and break-down schedule

Below is the set-up, service and break-down schedule. Student are asked to arrive to class 20 minutes for the start of class on the dates listed below. See the directions for set-up, service and break-down in the files section of the […] See MoreSet-up, service and break-down schedule

Imporant peole in the US wine indusry

Robert Mondavi Helen Tuley Warren Winiarski Merry Edwards Frank Shoonmaker Robert Foley Randell Grahm Brother Timothy Cesar Chavez Andre Tchelistcheff Roger Dagorn See MoreImporant peole in the US wine indusry