HMGT2402 Goodlad Spring 2017

active 5 hours, 50 minutes ago
HMGT2402 Goodlad Spring 2017
Prof. Karen Goodlad
Hospitality Management
2402
Spring 2017

Prof. Goodlad Leads students through an introduction to fermented beverages throughout the world. Study of beverage making and tasting procedures including jargon particular to the beverage trade is reinforced.

Pindar Vineyard- Update

Why do we study wine? As a beginner of tasting wine, there are some significant benefits. We will […] See MorePindar Vineyard- Update

Retail Wine

I visited Heights Chateau located on 123 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY. Heights Chateau  is a […] See MoreRetail Wine

Martha Clara Vineyard

Martha Clara Vineyard   On a beautiful Friday afternoon, I took a trip to the North […] See MoreMartha Clara Vineyard

Loved your post, I wish I was there with you, but for some reason, I couldn't see some of your […] See More

The visit to a winery during this Study Abroad is a highlight for many. Your work here proves that […] See More

Your opening statement helps to make the connection to the importance of wine studies in college […] See More

Wine Additives article – Wine Folly

"Ironically, Brazil is the the second largest producer of GM crops in the world after the U.S., and grows 29 varieties of GM corn, so they are likely pulling rank for trade rather than hoping to save their population’s health — but at lea […] See MoreWine Additives article – Wine Folly

Interesting News out of California

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a news item that was very à propos considering our North American wines lectures of late. It's an older item but interesting nonetheless […] See MoreInteresting News out of California

Retail Question Ideas

Which wine is the most popular and why? What is hot now? How much are consumers paying for a bottle of wine for a celebration? for a gift? for everyday? What is your best value wine (red or white)? Do you have a proprietary wine? How did […] See MoreRetail Question Ideas

Set-up, service and break-down schedule

Below is the set-up, service and break-down schedule. Student are asked to arrive to class 20 minutes for the start of class on the dates listed below. See the directions for set-up, service and break-down in the files section of the […] See MoreSet-up, service and break-down schedule

Imporant peole in the US wine indusry

Robert Mondavi Helen Tuley Warren Winiarski Merry Edwards Frank Shoonmaker Robert Foley Randell Grahm Brother Timothy Cesar Chavez Andre Tchelistcheff Roger Dagorn See MoreImporant peole in the US wine indusry