COMD 3633, Advanced Strategies in Illustration, FA23

active 5 months ago
Communication Design
COMD 3633

This course is designed to prepare the student for entry into the professional world of illustration. The development of a portfolio demonstrating a high level of skill and a personal style, as well as the ability to discuss the work in formal and conceptual terms, is the primary focus. Additionally, the student will be introduced to a variety of professional practices and develop a familiarity with the local, regional, and national scenes. The portfolio contents should demonstrate the student’s versatility and advanced skills while demonstrating consistency in presentation. This course is broken into 4-course goals: Portfolio Development, Professional Skills, Business Practices, and Authorship.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Sara GĂłmez Woolley

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

DEC 07 | Week 14

To Do Before Class:  FINAL PENCIL DRAWING 2-3 COLOR ROUGHS Class 13 - 1. […] See MoreDEC 07 | Week 14

NOV 30 | Week 13

To Do Before Class:  THUMBNAILS PRINTED for review alongside your MIDTERM WRITING […] See MoreNOV 30 | Week 13

Comment on "Monochromatic Color"

I learned from this article that monochromatic Color, meaning the color scheme consists of […] See MoreComment on "Monochromatic Color"

Comment on "Working in Color"

I learned all about the article, “Working in Color”. Color is one of the most powerful asp […] See MoreComment on "Working in Color"

Comment on "Three Attributes of a Color"

I learned about the three attributes of color. First is Hue, saturation, and Value. Hue […] See MoreComment on "Three Attributes of a Color"

Visual Vocabulary

1. The kind of things/themes that I’m interested in drawing, is to draw some cartoons, such as comics art, characters design, storyboard, and even create a 2d animation. 2. The visual might become important visual for me, is possibly t […] See MoreVisual Vocabulary

Visual Vocabulary

1. The kind of things/themes that I'm interested in drawing, is to draw some cartoons, such as comics art, characters design, storyboard, and even create a 2d animation. 2. The visual might become important visual for me, is possibly to […] See MoreVisual Vocabulary

Nuts & Bolts

After I read chapter 1, “Illustration is a business,” According to this chapter, Illustration is not about the hobby, it’s actually about a very important business, so the illustrators will find a job, and they are able to work anywh […] See MoreNuts & Bolts