COMD 2340 Spring 2018

active 1 year, 2 months ago
COMD 2340 Spring 2018
Communication Design
COMD 2340
Spring 2018

In this intermediate class, the emphasis will be on creative problem solving with photography for the Communication Design field. The emphasis will be on using style to transform subject matter in order to communicate ideas. The first half of the semester will use still life photography to explore photographic style while the second half of the semester will focus outdoor work including street photography, urban landscape and on-location work. Students will be exposed to a wide range of contemporary photographers from a range of genres. Advanced digital darkroom, color correction, and color management procedures will be covered in addition to facilitate students’ professional-level portfolio development.

Jack and Jill (Early Class)

(don't know why it uploaded in landscape orientation) I chose this image because of what I […] See MoreJack and Jill (Early Class)

Mural Portraiture

Normally, I wouldn't publish a photo like this because it exhibits the use of banding, which […] See MoreMural Portraiture

Fulton (Again) 4/19

I chose this image because I was right in the Oculus when I shot it; I didn't bring the […] See MoreFulton (Again) 4/19

The short light is really pretty and you are correct her expression makes us feel her concern. See More

The second and third photos are your strongest not because of the chalk boards but because they […] See More

:) wondering more about your thoughts about photography. See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.