COMD 1340 D164 Spring 2020

active 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
COMD 1340 D164 Spring 2020
Communication Design
COMD 1340
Spring 2020

This beginning photography course explores the foundational concepts of light and exposure. Using dSLR cameras, professional lighting equipment and software, the student develops compositional skills and the ability to control photographic style to create visually engaging photographs.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Quiz Dominique J

1. For this photo, I took a scarf and put it in front of the fan to create motion blur. In […] See MoreQuiz Dominique J

HW #6

From reading the short biography on Dorothea Lange, I can tell her work was meant to impact […] See MoreHW #6

Quiz Owen Dennis

1) For motion blur, I had to capture the picture as the train was moving so the people who were […] See MoreQuiz Owen Dennis

Good. You clearly demonstrate the lighting styles. With Rembrandt light, try to get the light […] See More

Good observation in your first paragraph that the man turning away from the others breaks the […] See More

Your observations of Migrant Mother's composition are clear and nicely detailed. The […] See More

Owen Dennis HW #6

After reading the short biography of Dorothea Lange, when I first saw this photograph I felt hopelessness and just pain. The photograph which is in black and white, is mostly focused on one man, while the rest of the crowd have their […] See MoreOwen Dennis HW #6

Photography Assignment – Clemson Brown

As you state, Kenna used the rule of thirds to place the line of trees in the frame. It is also an excellent example of breaking a pattern. I am not convinced though that this is a good example of leading lines. Leading lines are lines […] See MorePhotography Assignment – Clemson Brown

COMD1340_HW1_Humala

Well stated. I can't look at the photo as the Holton website is incompatible with my browser at home but your description helps me see it. See MoreCOMD1340_HW1_Humala