COMD 1340 D164 Spring 2020

active 1 hour ago
COMD 1340 D164 Spring 2020
Communication Design
COMD 1340
Spring 2020

This beginning photography course explores the foundational concepts of light and exposure. Using dSLR cameras, professional lighting equipment and software, the student develops compositional skills and the ability to control photographic style to create visually engaging photographs.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Week 8 - Exposure 2 - Creative Uses of Exposure

Find a tallish object more or less the size of the spray bottle I used in this example. Put it in […] See MoreWeek 8 - Exposure 2 - Creative Uses of Exposure

week 8 - exposure

Both photos of black paper (left) and white paper (right) look similar because when shooting […] See Moreweek 8 - exposure

Coursework challenge

One challenge I find to doing the coursework during this difficult time is finding inspiration and […] See MoreCoursework challenge

This is a great example of using photographic style to really transform something ordinary into […] See More

Please rotate the photo before posting. Also what shutter speed was used to capture you in the air? See More

This is a great example of very shallow depth of field. The one bright green leaf is very sharp. […] See More

Photography Assignment – Clemson Brown

As you state, Kenna used the rule of thirds to place the line of trees in the frame. It is also an excellent example of breaking a pattern. I am not convinced though that this is a good example of leading lines. Leading lines are lines […] See MorePhotography Assignment – Clemson Brown

COMD1340_HW1_Humala

Well stated. I can't look at the photo as the Holton website is incompatible with my browser at home but your description helps me see it. See MoreCOMD1340_HW1_Humala

COMD 1340 H.W #1

Nicely stated. You clearly identified the most important compositional principles used by Stein. You might have also added that it is shot from a high angle. this may seem less obvious because it is the normal angle between an adult and […] See MoreCOMD 1340 H.W #1