ADV1100 Graphic Design Principles 1

active 9 months, 2 weeks ago
ADV1100 Graphic Design Principles 1
Jenna Spevack
Communication Design
ADV1100

Through hands-on experiments, collaborative learning, and individual projects, students will learn the language and process of design thinking and gain a solid foundation in design principles and practices.

Students develop visual literacy while studying the basic tenets of design, color, and content creation through:

1. Research
2. Experimentation
3. Development of Skill, Craft and Voice
4. Expression of Form, Emotions or Concepts
5. Thoughtful Assessment (verbal and written)
6. Significant commitment of time

Communication designers use the concepts explored in this course in disciplines such as advertising, graphic design, web design, illustration, broadcast design, photography, and game design.

Final Critique!

Comment on at least 3 of your colleague’s work. Remember to note IN DETAIL what works and what doesn’t. Be constructive. If your replies do not contain the following they will not count toward your grade: 1. Clear identification of the […] See MoreFinal Critique!

My Memory & Color Reference

This comes from a class trip I took about 1st gradeto the pumpkin patch. I remember one particular "best in show" pumpkin that was huge! I don't know why I loved it so much, but never the less the memory of the pumpkin has stayed with me. See MoreMy Memory & Color Reference

General Communication

Please post any general communications to the class in this discussion topic. See MoreGeneral Communication