Developed by First Year Programs

Reflection #1

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech, or anything important to you.

Read other classmates’ posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Leila Gonzalez

Hello all I am Leila Gonzalez, and some things that I think you should all know about me is that I love sports, I like to read and I absolutely love the gym. Some goals that I would like to accomplish while in college is to simply make new friends, create a study schedule and try to up my Spanish speaking skills. Additionally, I chose City Tech because not only do they have a nursing program; importantly, it’s very close to home for me. Overall, I hope to learn new things about myself and to learn more about the school during my first year here at City Tech and hopefully learn more about you all. 

• Heavyn

Hey Leila! I LOVE to read as well. What sports do you like?

2. ABianK

My classmates should know that I am an honest, chill, responsible young man. the main objective for me is to achieve & get into the Rad Tech. building trust among my classmates is a goal I want to acquire. connecting/network so each one has a support system. first semester will be something totally new & I’m eager to see how college will treat me & the adaptability so I can be comfortable in campus.

• Heavyn

Hey Brian, networking in college is key! Networking will open so many doors for you. Would you be interested in joining any clubs on campus?

3. Nyla Alves

Hi !! My name is Nyla something my classmates should know about me is that I am a nice person and shy at first I also love cats. Some goals I have for college is that I want to stay on top of my work and be able to get into nursing and to also make friends. Why I chose city tech is because it is very affordable and I am able to get to school easily not to mention city tech also has very good programs and classes that I believe I will enjoy. Lastly I hope to learn a lot of new skills and knowledge from all my different classes and I am looking forward to it as well.

• Heavyn

Hey Nyla, I am also shy, but don’t let that hold you back. In college, you have to put yourself out there even though it is scary. You will also learn a lot in college; especially, about yourself.

4. Ariana Soriano Cruz

Hey, I’m Ariana Soriano Cruz, I want my classmates to know that I love nature, animals, and creating new bonds/ experiences. My goals as a college student are to achieve a BSN and later work towards becoming a CRNA and possibly do Paralegal studies on the side, city tech would be a step towards my plan for the future. For my first semester I want build new connections with people and adjust to the new environment, and I hope that I’m able to navigate throughout the building without getting lost.

• Heavyn

Hey Ariana, you have a lot of good things going for yourself in the near future. If you haven’t already, you should sign up for the campus tour to get familiar with City Tech.

5. Jen

My classmates should know that I’m a very shy person but I’m working on being better with public speaking and being more confident with myself. I also want my classmates to know that I’m a very kind person as well as a honest person and very responsible. I also want my classmates to know that I like to cook when I have the time to and I also like horror movies. My goals as a college student is to meet new people, have a great freshmen year and being able to learn more about my major hospitality management. I chose City Tech because I found this college great and because it had the major that I wanted. What I hope to learn in my first semester is what I will actually do in hospitality management and if there will be traveling since my major is hospitality management.

• Heavyn

Hey Jen, my communication last semester has helped me gain confidence when communicating with people every day. What specific career do you want to pursue when you get your degree? I used to be a student in hospitality management and culinary throughout high school, and I LOVED it.

6. Camila Marmolejos R

Good Evening,

My name is Camila Marmolejos.I’m 19 years old, a few thing I would like my classmates to know is that I’m a chill, shy, sweet, and nice person I don’t really talk much at first but once I get to know them I’m less shy .For collage I have a few goals for my college year is to learn new skills, study/work hard and to graduate.the reason why I choose city tech was because I wanted to have a different experience in a school far from home.I hope to learn many thing and the subjects.And I want to be able to accomplish many skills that can help me with the outside world.

• Heavyn

Hey Camila, nice to meet you! You will learn so much in college. I wish nothing but the best for you on your college journey.

7. Dris

Hello, my name is Driscila and I’m majoring in Restorative Dentistry. Something I think my classmate should know about is I can be awkward at times especially when I’m in a new environment. However, the more I talk the more comfortable I around people. Also, I have a special interest in dentistry, photography/videography and music. A goal I have for college is to improve my professional development skills and to graduate ready for the real world.

• Heavyn

Hey Driscila, the dental program here is amazing. Do you see yourself going to dental school after?

• Dris

I want to go to dental school, but I don’t really see myself capable yet. It all depends on how I am in the future.

8. Kayla Batista

Hi everyone my name is Kayla Batista I am 20 years old my goal is to become a registered nurse and the labor and delivery department or the ER because I love children and I would love to help bring new life into this world because babies are blessing and little bundles of joy. I choose city tech because I felt like they had the best resources for me to succeed and reach my goals later on in my life

9. Ariana dulanto

Hi I’m Ariana dulanto and a few things I think my classmates should know is that I’m majoring in rad tech I am pretty shy at first just because I always feel anxious. My college goal is to graduate and being able to say I tried it all in college as in I want to try new things such as clubs and really get involved with the school. Honestly the main reason I chose city tech was because I have seen many people in hospitals near my area with city tech merchandise and I have also had conversations with them about what school I should go to and they recommended city tech since for them city tech was a great school and has a supportive community.

10. Melissa

Hello! My name is Melissa. Some things about me are that I love being home, I enjoy many small hobbies and I can be a good friend. I want to major in radiology because of the great interest I find in that career. I hope in becoming someone that patients can trust and feel comfortable with in that field one day. My goals are that in my first semester I create good learning habits to be able to excel in my classes. Some of theses good habits are; building on time management, Trying different study styles and set a routine for myself to make it a bit easier for me to balance my life.

11. kayla021004

Hi, my name is Kayla Batista I am 20 years old and I am pursuing nursing so I can become a registered nurse and either the labor and delivery department or the ER. I chose city Tech cause I feel like city Tech has the best resources for me to reach my goal for later in my life.

12. Alicia Carrion

Hi, my name is Alicia. One thing i’d like my classmates to know is that when you may first meet me I might be quiet. But as time goes on I come out of my shell and become more talkative and I enjoy skateboarding. Some goals that i’d be moving forward to achieving is being early to class, networking with classmates and learn new skills. I chose City Tech because I appreciate all the different cultures around, As well as the liveliness within the area and for the programs here. In this first semester I would love to learn better time management and real world skills that would help me after I graduate.