irina kupershteyn

I always wondered what the answer is when people asked me “who do you want to be, what do you want to do?” and I still to this day don’t have an answer for them. What I do know is that I want to be successful and experience as much as I can in order to know the answers.

Before I chose the hospitality management major, I was majored in Psychology. I thought “that’s it, it has to be the one”…but it wasn’t. So, after my first semester in Brooklyn college, I immediately did a late transfer to city tech. I fell in love with the environment and saw how nice everyone is. Since this major is very new to me, I don’t have many experience in the hospitality field, but I did a few times work in catering. I think for me it is safe to say that I wish I started off working in a slower paced job and then work my way up to a more fast paced.

When it comes to my strengths, I think that I am determined and dedicated. I like showing people that I can do it. So, that is what leads me to my goal. In the future, I hope one day I can open my own business with my mom. Although this is my future, I would very much like to open a small cafe/health store because my mom always wanted one, but never got a chance to. I want this to be a gift for her, so hopefully, if it becomes a successful business, my goal would be to expand it.

2 thoughts on “irina kupershteyn

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

I am happy that you are enjoying City Tech so far, I agree that we are pretty awesome!

Being an entrepreneur will be fast paced every step of the way, so use your time in school to explore and build you knowledge. As a small business owner you will need to know it all, accounting, procurement, service… I hope you reach your goals.