Anthony Espino

I am a freshman at the college of New York City tech with a  have a great amount of academic goals. My parents are from the Dominican republic , which I take a lot of pride in.  I attended Williamsburg charter high school before New York City College of technology. My academic goals are to hopefully go through college with A’s and higher average in which I had in high school.  I hope to advance in this hospitality management course as much as I can as I never did anything close to a course as this one.  My moral is high and I believe I can rise farther than anyone else as I’ve done before in different situations. My career goals are to become a chef and hopefully own a restaurant. This idea hasn’t been with me since I was young. I would be lying if I said this was my passion since the day I was born but it’s something I’ve put a lot of thought into. My Career experience starts with my community service in my local church.  I would personally say that I am proud I was able to help young children though my time. I am also a very competitive person I love the idea of going up against someone or multiple people. I seem to thrive the best when I am under pressure.  I love the satisfaction of being the best in what I do, second place will just not be enough it’s just the way I was raised with a huge Hispanic family. My personal interest has always been the sport baseball.  since about 4 years old I’ve been playing baseball. Very fast I began to fall in love with the game itself. I began to only talk about baseball and when I wasn’t talking about it I was at the field playing it . By the age of fourteen I was named most valuable player in 9 straight seasons. Going into my freshman year of high school the day before my tryouts I broke a ligament in my shoulder and was unable to try out or play baseball for a whole year. This experience helped me enhance my professional attributes by forcing myself to learn the virtue of patience and being humble in life. Not taking anything for granted if you personal want something the only way of getting it is by working hard and taking the opportunity into your own hands.  Because in this life everyone is out for their own benefit, so you have to rise above the competition.