Ayako Hiratsuka

Ā Ā Ā Ā  I came to NY one year ago and studied English in ESL in LaGuardia CC to go to City Tech. This college is my second college, becauseĀ I have a bachelor degree of Global Communication in Japan where I am from. The reason why I chose this college is that a lot of people in NY have various races, cultures and back grounds. My first job was mainly an organizer of TV programs at a cable TV company in Tokyo for about three years; I developed my abilities such as such as a creator, a negotiator, and an organizer. Then, I belonged to one of Japanese domestic airlines which is a part of All Nippon Airways as a flight attendant for three years and half; the reason why I chose this career was that I realized that I preferred to serve customers directly. When I was a member of a committee of customer satisfactions in the company, I learned the company policy deeply which is ā€œThe much smaller things are, the more we have to take care carefully and politely for passengersā€; this hospitality mind aroused my curiosity. Moreover, I learned that safety is one of the most significant factors for hospitality businesses to be success. Due to this reason, IĀ studied Food Protection system and obtainedĀ a qualification of Food Protection in NY last year. Although my goal is still unclear, I prefer to serve customers and manage work environment somewhere such as hotels, airlines and restaurants. Through this campus life, I would like to be a person who can show more people hospitality and share happiness as much as I can.

4 thoughts on “Ayako Hiratsuka

1. Peter Zhang

Now you see, I always wanted to go to japan once to see how it is like over there, So I’m fascinated by your electronic profile. How is Japan like, is it kinda similar to how things are over here in the U.S.? I am also a big gundam fan and I brought and built one Gundam model which my brother lost one of the piece which annoyed me so we had to improvised that missing piece.

1. Ayako Post author

Thank you for reading, Peter. I’m glad you to be interested in Japan include your hobby, Gundam. I don’t know how I should describe Japan. For example, Tokyo is like NY. Many things such as rents, food supplies are expensive. However, in the hospitality industries, there is the most interesting difference between NY and Tokyo for me; workers such as servers and chiefs in many kinds of restaurants in Tokyo are Japanese. However, if you go to an Italian restaurant in NY, many Italians work in the restaurant and we can have an experience which is a real Italian style service. Therefore, I also prefer to learn about many kinds of cultural serving here as much as I can during my campus life.

2. Marilyn Marte

Hello Dear, your profile looks very interesting , I see you have a lot of experience very nice to know you have a bachelor degree from your country. I began to be friends and i know we will share and learn so much from each other.