- Date: Monday, April 5, 2021 — 2:30-5:50pm
- Zoom Class Link Here
- If you have not done so already, email me the architect and 1 project of theirs you have chosen to research + present. See To-Do Before Class below.
To-Do Before Class
- Building Projects to Explore: Assignment
- Review the list of architects on the slides from class
- Choose your architect you will research, and a back-up, and email them to me before Spring Break
- Choose one project completed by the architect and bring a few images of the project to next class — April 5
- Submit your written responses to these questions on your building:
- Describe your building. Write a few sentences using the vocabulary, themes and concepts we’ve been studying the last few weeks.
- Then describe the human experience of the building — what do you imagine are the feelings someone has looking at and walking through the building?
- Submit your written description to Dropbox by Sunday, April 4, at 6pm.
- Architectural drawing views: Elevation, Plan, + Section — [Midterm Exam]
- Analyzing projects in the built environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in written architectural descriptions and analysis
- Demonstrate understanding of description vs. analysis
- Choose images that help to clarify and support your project analysis
- Student presentations (progress) of the building project you chose
- Share a few images of project
- Share your written answers to the 2 questions on the assignment (see above To-Do before class)
- Review Midterm Exam criteria + results
- Review Syllabus for 2nd half of semester
To-Do After Class
- Continue work on your research project
- Final presentations next class
- Revise drawings from Project 1 small building to improve midterm exam grade