Response 7

In my high school days Edgar Allen Poe came up a lot when it came to books we read in English class. I mostly remember him for his poems but this was a first when it comes to reading his books.” The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether” by Edgar Allen Poe hits us with gothic themes just as previous books did. The setting takes place in an asylum and the main topic of the story is mental illness which is pretty gothic. While reading you find out that a method named the soothing method which I found pretty weird because if you treat patients the way that they are acting I feel like your not really helping them you are kind of just giving up on them. I think that the story is trying to tell us not to treat others like they need special needs because that can anger some people and you never know what will come from it. The dining scene really is creepy because you get to see how crazy they patients are.Edgar Allen Poe really did a good job on this story and this book is one of those books you want to keep reading.I don’t know why but this story kind of reminds me of the one who flew over the cuckoos nest.

This entry was posted in Response 7. Bookmark the permalink.