Response 4

I remember reading Frankenstein in high school and in my freshmen year of college at my previous school. But one thing I don’t remember is the ending being so graphic and scary as this version. I guess it’s because the other versions of Frankenstein weren’t thought of as gothic literature to the readers. Even as I watched the movie in high school I didn’t recall some of the events occurring as they do now in Mary Shelly’s version. It very unfortunate what victor did by destroying the female creature & the monster at the end killing himself. I believe that if Victor would have completed the creation of the female creature, whether satisfied or not, the creature would’ve accepted her because in his defense he understands what it’s like to not be accepted by others. Also if victor would’ve stayed true to the things he has promised the creature maybe life would’ve changed in a great way for him. He could’ve eventually been happy or still hurt. But by him having that special someone he would’ve had a reason to continue the life that was created for him. Victor should’ve learned to work on himself & how his actions may effect others.

This entry was posted in Response 4. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Response 4

1. king says:

I agree, and disagree at the same time. The reason why I agree is because yeah the creature would of accept the female counter part no questions asked beacause its the only other creature of the same being. I disagree about how Victor would of “continued his life”, as Victor never seemed happy about life, as he felt miserable with his knowlege, and nobody would never be able to understand how he is thus leading to his inevitable suicide with or without the creature it just come down to what will set him off.