Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #20: Revisions

After combing through the past assignments and the comments left on each one I have chosen to revise my Annotated Bibliography. I chose this assignment because I felt as though I fell short of my expectations for myself. I wanted to deliver information that could help explain why my readers should make efforts to help with climate change. Another reason I picked this assignment is because of the comments left by prof. Garcia. They showed me the weaknesses in my writing and I want to work on my weaknesses so that my writing can truly reflect what I want it to. Both my structure and the development of my quotes and paragraphs require a good amount of work. use writing for our entire lives and I would like to be as close to perfection as I can be and this revision is the first step.

1. Ruth Garcia

Come to office hours or make an appointment if you want to look at my comments together. But remember that Unit 3 is the one where you convince people about climate change being important. Unit 2–the annotated bib–is for gathering information so that you can understand your topic.
    Also, I would make sure you clearly differentiate summary from evaluation. In your summary try using language like: “This article is about…” or “The author makes the point that…” or “Author’s last name supports their argument by explaining…”
    These are just examples.
    Then in your evaluation use language like: “I believe…” or “It is my opinion that…” or “I felt that…”
    And always follow these types of claims with “because” and support or explain your opinion.