Hi all,

We’re nearly at the end!  You have one more thing due for this class which is the Final Reflection and Portfolio—this will include the revision you chose to do. Please be sure to read and understand the instructions for the Final Reflection and the Portfolio.

In brief, this last assignment is one large google document that you copy and paste your work into. If there are files you cannot include in a google doc then reach out to me via email (RGarcia@citytech.cuny.edu) and we will figure it out. Or if you encounter any other problems or have questions or concerns email me.

Here is what your portfolio should have and the order in which you should have it—you are creating a package of your work:

• The first thing I should see in the document is your Final Reflection and be sure to label it “Final Reflection.”
  • Then, after the reflection you should have the major assignments you have created (Units 1, 2, and 3). And these should be clearly labeled with the unit number and name.
    • Note the Unit you revised should be here instead of the original and in addition to the Unit number and name you should have the word “Revision” as part of the label. It should be clear that this is the revision.
  • After the unit assignments, there should be two smaller pieces of your choosing.

When you write your Final Reflection, you should think about all these documents you are collecting. Use them to think about your writing. You don’t necessarily need to think you got better. Maybe you did. Or maybe you learned something about how you work or about the process of writing in general.  It doesn’t need to be positive or a monumental change—I would really like to hear your assessment of yourself as a writer as a result of this semester.

And, I repeat: please, please be in touch if you have questions. I’m here to answer them and help.

Finally, I know that for many of you this has been a really difficult semester—at a minimum this is not how most of you imagined attending classes. And of course, there are many other challenges that you have encountered along the way which have made it hard or impossible to complete your work.

If you are failing this class, then you should know that December 13th is the deadline to withdraw. If you have questions about how this might impact your financial aid, you can reach out to Financial Aid with your questions. They list Zoom contact info at bottom of the home page: http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/financial-aid/

Be in touch,

Prof. Garcia