Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #20: Revisions

For the revision I have chosen the Discourse Community paper. I have realized that there are many things I have to work on and make it better. Also I wanted to aim for a better grade and see how I can improve it. The topic I had chosen for my Discourse Community is very important to me personally, and I wrote a speech on it. I want to make sure my speech is better because who knows maybe I will deliver the speech someday in real life.

There are comments I am considering in order to improve. One of them is, “I think it would be helpful to hear why it ruins their lives.” This comment reveals that I have to be more clear on the negative affects people receive and be specific on what kind of harm they will get when they are arranged married. Another comment, “Would you say that arranged marriages are actually often unhappy?” For this comment, I will discuss why arranged married couples are unhappy within the relationship regardless of the fact that they have been together for a long time and that there is a lower statistics on divorces. Furthermore, there was a comment on the statement about religion “I don’t understand how this fits with the idea of preventing harm?” hence, I want to talk a little further on explaining how religion plays a role in this as well.

1. Ruth Garcia

We discussed yesterday but reach out again if you have questions.