Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #12: Researching

My research question is:

Throughout the years how has the objectification of women changed and has it truly lessened?

I became interested in this question from my experiences being a women in America. We are always told that women were objectified more in the past and that we have it better now but I would see that it is not as different. Yes many things have changed since the 1900s but the objectification of women specifically has not left but evolved into something else. I am interested in this because this not only impacts me directly but because I feel that we as a society have to come together and admit that we are still objectifying women in ways that has become immensely dangerous for future generations. I expect to find much information on the sexualized objectification of women because it seems that this particular type of objectification has been around for so long and has been so ingrained in modern society. If  something does not fit my hypothesis I will incorporate it into my paper nonetheless as that would actually be a positive thing. That information would change the way I think about this topic and I would try to research more in depth about that particular piece of information.

1. Ruth Garcia

okay–this is good. I’m not sure what you’ll find but if you hit a wall as you search for information, then you can reach out and we’ll think together on how to rewrite the question. You can also try one of the question in micro-activity 11.