Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #3: Brainstorming Discourse Communities

I am apart of various discourse communities. The two main discourse communities that face some problems are my softball team and job. A few of the challenges my softball team face is the lack of effort that some teammates put in at practice. Another issue my team faced is because of covid-19 our season was canceled. We are now allowed to practice but we have to wear masks and it can’t be that many girls. My work faces problems when it comes to scheduling for mostly weekends and holidays. We don’t have that many girls working and it can be hard to find coverage. Since covid the hours changed and only one girl works a day. In addition, the store is not doing well in business and is falling apart but my boss doesn’t want to let us know. We realized on our own and try to make place look welcoming and clean. We make sure every customers leaves the salon with what they wanted.

1. Ruth Garcia

Okay. Which DC will you work on? What kind of work do you do? Are you a hair dresser? This is a particular DC with specific problems because the pandemic. As for your softball team, yes, this is also a DC but what are the problems. I think not practicing doesn’t work for our assignment because you want to be able to address an audience outside your DC and tell them about the problem. I think you should think some more about your work DC this seems to have the most potential for the assignment.