Note: Ms. Garcia, for some reason when I try having my Research Question worksheet pdf converted to a file for the Open lab post the site keeps saying there has been an error in the process, I will send you the pdf via email in order to save time.

“Why did the Dearborn school board place books containing explicit material like instructions on how to have Gay sex in elementary school libraries for children to read?” Recently, the school board in Dearborn Michigan faced major backlash from parents for the explicit content provided within the material accessible within elementary school libraries. These materials contained vivid images which are very graphic and admittedly I and likely many others within my age group have not been exposed to this content either. So for children in elementary school to have access to this makes me beyond disgusted and in support of the reaction and actions these parents have and taken upon finding out about what their children are being exposed to. Furthermore, Dearborn Michigan is a city where the majority of the population residing there are Muslim. Muslims follow the religion of Islam and as such are very much against the agenda and content provided by the authors of these books which are exposed to elementary students. One such book which was accessible within the elementary school libraries was called “This book is Gay” which showed vivid images and instructions on how to have intercourse with another man as man and how to do so with a woman as a woman. These instructions involved touching certain parts of the body and using certain objects to pleasure oneself and the sexual partner of the same sex. Furthermore, the book has a page exclusively dedicated to showing readers how to argue against Muslims regarding Homosexual behavior. This includes the book saying things such as the Quran(the book of Islam) being on the readers’ side and taking a certain verse of the Quran out of context. Furthermore, the page would go on to say that Sharia Law(Islamic Law) holds no punishment for those who have homosexual behavior which is a lie of itself. According to the author, the reading age is 14 – 17 years old, yet this same book is being accessible to the Dearborn elementary school students who range from ages 4-11 . Regardless, the book is still accessible for minors to read. For this type of content to be exposed to children in city of mostly Muslims has more likely than not implies a hidden agenda/motive by the school board of Dearborn. However, with the parents’ uproar regarding this, the school board will likely submit to the parents demands and have the books banned. We shall see.