Prof. Garcia | ENG1101-HD57 | Fall 2022

Unit 1 Brainstorming

When writing an essay I thought writing a draft was useless. When I write an essay I usually wait until the last minute so that when I write I have no one to check my work and make google docs correct my spelling and grammar. I felt it was useless because I would say that it’s the same thing when writing the final. Writing a draft is useful because you can write whatever you want and then when you re-read it you would find errors or even space to add to a sentence or paragraph. When reading “Shitty First Drafts” It made me realize that it is important to create multiple drafts as it would make you think and as you re-read you think more and with people reading your work you know what you need to add or know what to add to your writing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hV4chqFVJh1ZWwSbw7BXeo5N83j-tfkm62CK17OQx4/edit?usp=sharing

1. Ruth Garcia

You need to change the settings on your document so that anyone with the link can comment. In terms of your free writes, I would say you could write about being inspired by your AP History class. You could tell about why and how it inspired you. You could tell of a favorite lesson or trip that inspired you. You could also tell of your first semester or class in college and of how you struggled. You can imagine writing it for freshmen to help them avoid the pitfalls you faced.