Summer 2021 | Professor Goodlad + Professor Paruolo

Reflection, August 9th

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech or anything important to you.

Read other classmate’s posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Sabrina Santos

Hello everyone, a quick recap on what I mentioned earlier during our session. My name is Sabrina Santos I am currently a City Tech Graduate with my BS in Human Services but I also graduated with my AA in Psychology from BMCC. As a college student, your main goal is always to graduate. Being able to reach the end of the finish line is the desired dream. My personal goal was to get a degree in something I felt was best suited for me. I had changed my major a few times so being able to settle down so far and feel confident in the career path I chose is the biggest accomplishment.

Although I chose City Tech once I transferred City Tech really choose me haha. If you didn’t know City Tech is the only CUNY College to provide Human Services as a Bachelors degree.

When attending City Tech I made sure to get involved on campus as much as I could! When attending BMCC my routine was school, work, home, repeat. When attending City Tech I found amazing jobs on campus and also got involved in both clubs and Student Government Association (which you should too!) Really try and get involved on campus as much as you can. You may not see the benefits right now but in the long run, the skills you will develop and the connections you make will have an impact on you.

2. Justin Irimia

I just need to finish my four years and earn my degree so that I could have a future in the field of computer systems. City Tech is one of the only schools that really caters to majors specializing in technical stuff.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech! It sounds great how you know you want to have a career in computer systems. City Tech has a lot of cool tech events going on so be sure to keep an eye out to see if anything interests you!

3. Gabriel Mbamaonyeukwu

The things i would like my classmates to know about me is that i sometimes of like to draw, i’m an open person, i did track in high school and would love to do it here at city tech. My goal is to be at the top of my game focus more on classes and hoping to join the track team (if city tech does have one). My hope to learn my first semester is a little skill in my major (electrical engineering).

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech!! Gabriel, I like to draw too maybe you can show me some of your drawings sometimes. I hope that you enjoy your major in electrical engineering going forward here at City Tech!

4. Chris Montano

The main reason why I picked city tech was for the radiology program since it’s a nice quick 4 year program.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Chris! The radiology program sounds really cool, I wish you the best of luck in your journey here as a college student!

• Sameea

Can’t wait to possibly work with you during Radiological technology classes

5. Jaelah

My name is Jaelah and I am a pre-med student hopefully if things go my way I’ll be able to pursue my goal of being a nursing student. I want to be able to get as involved as possible despite the fact that school is still mostly virtual. I chose CityTech mainly for its location, I’ve gone to school in the Bronx my whole life and I wanted a change in scenery. I hope to learn how to be an overall better student, I want to be able to figure out what routine works for me and how to organize my workload well.

• Evelyn Ng

Hello Jaelah! Welcome to City Tech, it sounds great that you want to get involved as much as possible. Trying all sorts of new things definitely helps in becoming a better student since you are much more invested!

6. Olimpia

Hellow my name is Olimpia Parra, I’m majoring is radiologic imaging and medical science in hopes to become an ultra sound tech. The program offered at City tech is very competitive so I will try my best to achieve what I want. In high school my major was biology simply because I wanted to major in something that would allow me to become a pediatrician, but before I made that decision at first I really wanted become an anesthesiologist, but it seemed a bit too much and really risky. So I was really indecisive of what I wanted to become, all I knew is that I wanted to be apart of medical space.

• Olimpia

I choose city tech because I knew I will be dealing with technology with the career path i’ve chosen and since City Tech had the word “tech” it seemed the most convenient and appropriate college to choose from . Also it was the only college that have accepted me other than the community colleges.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Olimpia! I love your enthusiasm for trying your best to achieve what you want, I run by that motto as well! I was the same way with being indecisive about my major when I was a first-year. The good thing about City Tech is that its courses allowed me to try a little bit of everything. Through that, I was able to choose illustration over animation!

• Sameea

Can’t wait to possibly work with you in Radiological technology classes

7. Wendy Acosta

Hi everyone my name is Wendy and my major is human services. I look forward to joining clubs and activities.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Wendy! Sabrina is also a part of human services so maybe she can give you some insight on the major. I’m happy you are looking forward to joining clubs. Don’t be afraid to try several clubs until you find the one that is right for you.

8. Kaya

I want my classmates to know that I am a very hard working person and I have a lot of integrity. A goal I have for college is to graduate knowing how to continue my future and what steps to take to get to my dream career if I haven’t already gotten there. In my first semester at City Tech, I hope to learn my ways around the school and class work and find my comfortability with the college along with its staff and students.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech! I love that you identify as hard-working Kaya that is a super important trait to have during your time in college. The more you put in the more you get out of college. I hope you enjoy your time here!

9. Ethan Martin

Hi, I’m Ethan, currently a first-year in the Entertainment Technology department, or more specifically Emerging Media Technology. A goal I hope to achieve while going to City Tech is being able to use the skills I’ll eventually learn to make some sort of software. It doesn’t have to be groundbreaking or complicated, but just something I’m proud of and people can find enjoyment out of. That would be the most important for me too.

• Evelyn Ng

Hello Ethan welcome to City Tech! I think it’s impressive to have a goal you want to work towards. I know that you will be able to create the software you want to create as long as you stay motivated. You got this, I believe in you!

10. Sameea

One thing that I would like my classmates to know about me is I have completed high school in three years, most spent online 😉 I have had a passion for the medical field for a while and amongst being semi- scared of needles i discovered radiological technology and have built a special want for the profession. I chose city tech because city tech is one of the few school around me that have radiological technology as a program.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Sameea, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      Congratulations on completing high school in a virtual setting. That means you are 10 steps ahead of most college students since you have experience taking courses online. I’m glad you have found a new profession you choose to pursue. I hope you enjoy yourself in Radiology, you’ve got this! 🙂

11. Sameea

Hi, my name is Sameea. I went to a three year high-school and spent most of it online. 😉 I am interested in studying Radiological technology at city tech. City tech is one of the few places that offer Radiological technology around me. I am both nervous and excited to start this new journey at City tech

• Sabrina Santos

Congratulations on completing high school in a virtual setting. Finishing high school in three years? Awesome. That also means you are 10 steps ahead of most college students since you have experience taking courses. I hope you enjoy yourself in Radiology, you’ve got this! 🙂

12. Sadeemmanuel

Hi everyone my name is Sade and this will be my first time attending college. I love learning new things and also excited to attend City Tech and hopefully get accepted into the Radiologic Tech program.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Sade, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      Congratulations on attending college. You have a long road ahead of you but you’ve got this! In a matter of time, you will be in the Radiological Tech Program! 🙂 College is definitely an amazing experience and you should take advantage of all the events and services provided.

13. Sade Emmanuel

Hi everyone my name is Sade and this will be my first time attending college. I’m super excited and I love learning new things. My major is Radiologic Tech. I love working in the medical field my pass jobs I only did admin work and decided to follow my dreams to engage in a more hands on setting.

• Sabrina Santos

Congratulations on attending college. You have a long road ahead of you but you’ve got this! In a matter of time, you will be in the Radiological Tech Program! It’s great to hear you have a passion for the medical field and have also had some experience. You are on the road to success! 🙂

• Quettenisez

Hello! My name is Quettenise, zephir.
      I am a undeclared first year student. Something I want my classmates to know about me is I like to read a lot of manga and listen to my favorite kpop group and also I’m so excited to meet new people and learn new things.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Quettenisez, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
        I am wishing you the best at City Tech and welcoming you with virtual hugs! City Tech will allow you to learn new things and have unique experiences! 🙂

14. Zannatun Noor Maliha

Hello, my name is Zannatun Noor Maliha.
    Biomedical informatics is my major.
    I’m excited to begin school and meet new people while learning new things.
    I’m looking forward to working in the lab.
    My schedule is messed up, therefore I expect to be more productive.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Zannatun, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      I’m excited for you to meet new people and learn new things. There are so many opportunities at City Tech for you to take advantage of 🙂 Most students love lab as well when it comes to Biomedical Informatics. You’ve got this I am wishing you the best 🙂

15. Isaac Ortega

Hello my name is Isaac. Something I want my classmates to know about me is that I like to play baseball and football. My goal is to take the skills I will learn in my major, computer information systems and use them outside.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Isaac, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      Nice!! City Tech currently does not have any sports but hopefully by the time you are back on campus our basketball court and the team will be implemented so you could join! You will definitely take what you have learned in class and use it once you graduate in your field especially when you start to do internships. I am wishing you the best and you’ve got this! 🙂

16. Faizan Saim

hello i’m faizan. What i’m most excited about is making new friends and connections with my professors. my goal is to get closer to my career choice which is dentistry

• Evelyn Ng

Hello Faizan welcome to City Tech!! College is great for meeting new friends and it’s actually how I met Sabrina. Definitely make connections with your professors, they are the experts in your field and can give a lot of wisdom!

17. Ibrahim Oloko

Hey my name is Ibrahim , Somethings my classmates should know about me is that i’m a chill person , I like to do fun activities in the city and I play basketball . My goal is to have A successful college career . I’m interested in studying Health Science at city tech.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Ibrahim! It’s great that you know what you’re interested in studying. I know that you will have a successful college career since you’ve already taken the first step by joining City Tech 101! We are happy to have you here with us and wish you the best of luck!

18. Evelyn Ng

Hello! My name is Evelyn Ng and I’m starting my fourth year in Communication Design focusing on illustration. My goal as a college student is to learn as much as possible in my other fields such as graphic design, motion design, animation.

I chose City Tech because it was closer to my home because a short commute means a lot to me. City Tech is very cozy, and the professors were very welcoming to me. When I first started college, I was very shy and nervous about everything. I became more comfortable by participating and asking questions after class during office hours.

What’s important to me is that I am always trying new things so I can grow as a person. I highly encourage trying things to see if it works well with you! If you join something and you decide to leave no one will ever hold it against you. I never saw myself in many positions starting out in college, but I always gave everything a try. Through that, I was able to experience being a peer mentor, a secretary for Ink club and so much more.

19. Jello26

One thing I want people to know about is I like to play video games and like to swim. My goal is to graduate and become a computer engineer.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech!! I love to play video games as well which is why I know so much about discord. It’s great that you know what major you want to be a part of. I hope you enjoy your time here being a computer engineer!

20. Noor Ahamed

Hello! I’m Noor.
    Liberal Arts & Sciences is my current major but I’m planning to switch into Biomedical Informatics once I’m able to. I’m a First Year at CityTech 🙂
    I’m also really into art and hope in my time at CityTech I can learn some new things and join some clubs!

• Evelyn Ng

Nice to meet you Noor and welcome to City Tech! We have a lot of clubs here at City Tech that you can join depending on what you are interested in. If you can’t find the club you’re looking for you are also welcome to make one!

21. Ali Abbas

Hello my name is Ali Abbas and I’m an 18 year old male student here at citytech majoring in computer science as a first time student. I came from a small school called East West School Of International Studies where everyone knew me because both of my brothers. As a student I want others to know I’m hardworking and prepared for any task. My goal is to obtain a degree in computer science so I can become a video game designer and I chose citytech because I been interested in the college since my tenth grade trip I took with my art class to see citytech for the first time and learn about the college. I hope to learn coding at citytech since I’m hoping with my major I’m able to do assignments that involves coding.
    Thank you and enjoy your day.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Ali! It’s great to have a goal of obtaining a degree in computer science so that you can become a video game designer. Game development is something I happen to be interested in as well. Looking forward to seeing the amazing things you will create in the future!

22. ashanti5

My name is Ashanti, One thing I would like my classmates to know about me is that I’m a very humble and calm person . As a college student my goal is to successfully broaden my vocabulary by engaging in intellectually stimulating conversations with both my peers and professors as well as doing great in all my classes to fulfill my career goal. I chose City Tech because of the wonderful community, opportunities and the fact that its close to home. One thing I hope to learn in my first semester is effective ways to retain information .

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Ashanti! I also chose City Tech because it is close to home. The most effective way to retain information is to study frequently rather than cramming. Always make connections with what you are learning in class to real life!

23. Johanne

Hi everyone, my name is Johanne Viery, I am an incoming freshman student at City Tech majoring in Business & the Technology of Fashion. Some of my goals once college starts is to join clubs and make sure to do my best in classes and not just the bare minimum. I’m also excited to meet new people and create new goals that will help me get closer to the future I want.

• Evelyn Ng

Hello Johanne and welcome to City Tech. Super happy to hear that you are excited to join clubs and exceed the bare minimum, I love your enthusiasm! The time and effort you put into college is what you will get out of college so it’s great to be invested!

24. Bilal Badar

Hii, my name is Bilal Badar I am a first year city tech student and my experience for today was amazing it was so nice to meet everyone and i hope I can get to know everyone I like playing games and yeah you can say i’m a bit of a gamer lol not really i like sleeepingggggg the most and yeah i’m a free person. Nice to meet you all. My goal is to be a successfull person in life and become someone people can look up to and be better then I am today make everyday count. Every second counts and a second can determine who you are today so I don’t like wasting time on social a lot because I could be doing something greater something epic i could be creating something. Fun Fact I like ice cream, boba and cheese cake. :))

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Bilal! It was great meeting you today as well. I love that quote you said, “Every second counts and a second can determine who you are today”. Every day does count so I’m happy you are here with us in City Tech 101!

25. Johanne Viery

• Evelyn Ng

26. Fedaa Khalil

Hello my name is Fedaa Khalil. One thing i want my classmates to know is that i love to cook. I’m majoring in liberal arts of science and i’m excited to get started on working towards my career goals.

• Evelyn Ng

Nice to meet you Fedaa and welcome to City Tech! I think it’s great that you love to cook, I wonder what kind of stuff you know how to make. The good thing about liberal arts is that you can try out lots of courses until you find a perfect fit. Hope you enjoy your time here at City Tech!

27. Kevin C

Hello my name is Kevin Carrasco and im majoring in mechanical engineering. Im very excited to meet new people here at city tech as well as having a great time here with them and become great friends with them along the way.

• Evelyn Ng

Welcome to City Tech Kevin!! It’s awesome that you are studying mechanical engineering. By joining our City Tech 101 course you already have your first community to meet new people and friends. I wish you the best of luck throughout your journey in college!

28. Kevin C

• Evelyn Ng

29. Cindy

Hello my name is Cindy Segura and my major is nursing even though I missed yesterdays session but today I have learned about learning styles, and study cycles but I am excited to learn more about City tech and learn so much more throughout the years

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Cindy, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      City Tech will for sure allow you to grow, learn and experience new things. We’re excited to have you here! You’ve got this and can’t wait to see how you progress in nursing. 🙂

30. Kiran

Hello my name is Kiran. I did high school from foreign country. It is very new to me joining college as City Tech. My major is construction management technology. I looked few colleges only the City Tech has this major and hope to learn so much throughout the academic year.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Kiran, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      Wishing you the best in your college journey! You will definitely learn and experience new things in CIty Tech 🙂 I hope you can implement some of the things you learned at your previous high school to college.

31. Eldwin

Hello my name is Eldwin Figueroa. My major is management sales. Im very excited to meet my peers and to socialize with them and hope to make new friends.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Eldwin, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      Can’t wait for you to meet your peers and socialize with them as well. You will for sure meet some amazing people and other students who relate to you. Some of your closest friends in life will be those you meet in college! Wishing you the best at City Tech. 🙂

32. Tasin Kazi

Hi everyone, I am Tasin. My major is computer systems (software development). I love working in the coding field. Can’t wait to meet with other programmers.

• Sabrina Santos

Hello Tasin, Welcome to City Tech! #YellowJacketPride
      You will definitely get to meet students in various fields especially similar to yours. I’m excited for your new journey at City Tech majoring in Computer Systems. You’ve got this, good luck! 🙂

33. stephanie shimon

Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie Shimon, My major is marketing. I am super excited to meet you all!

• Evelyn Ng

Hi Stephanie and welcome to City Tech. I wish you the best with studying marketing and please feel free to reach out to your peer mentors with any questions!