Brooklyn Historical Society

**Note I don’t have a picture of my  daguerreotype because my phone didn’t save it so I can’t compare my personal picture with a  daguerreotype**

The Brooklyn Historical Society was a great place to be. I love places with books, no matter what they are, stores, rooms in buildings, I love places with books and not only did this place have books, but they had some great pictures and vintage or antique stuff.

One of the photo’s I looked at was a  daguerreotype. It’s a photo that goes through a long process and the picture took a long time to make. It’s burned somehow into copper or some other form of metal. It needs to be viewed in a certain light. Now a big difference between pictures I’ve taken and a  daguerreotype photo is, mine can be spontaneous, in motion, and its in color.  Daguerreotype as mentioned go through a process. The subject or model has to stay perfectly still for a certain amount of time and can’t move because if they do, the photo will be messed up and will not come out were as with a digital camera from a phone, I can catch people in motion and the picture will still come out good.