1. What are important factors to consider when shooting a portrait?
To focus on the face, mostly the eyes.
2. What is the difference between broad and short lighting?
Broad lighting is when the near side of the head and face is light but leaves the far side of the face in a shadow.
Short lighting is the full face in and leaves the near side of the head in the shadow.
3. In a classic basic portrait set up, what is the function of the main light?
The main light is the light that hits from a 45 degree angle.
4. In a classic basic portrait set up, what is the function of the fill light?
The fill light is to help the light bounce on the person, so theres no broad light, but the whole face is with light and doesn’t have shadow.
5. In a classic basic portrait set up, what is the function of the background light?
The background light gives more light to the background behind the person. Making the picture stand out more with a lighter background.
I like this picture because its unexpected and she’s smiling which shows shes happy.
The background is nice white with a little shadows of grey in the right side background, which kinda creates a halo around her.