This semester has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride that I did not see coming. I have never been strong in English class, when the time comes to submit a paper my mind blanks, or when it’s time to share I can feel the whole classroom watching. But now that the semester is coming to an end I realize that participation is not that hard. I have a technique now, I solely focus on my response and what I’m trying to say without thinking of what other people might say or think. Some of my goals have been met for this semester, I did write a lot more than expected in all of my classes. There’s this one book that I finished in my junior year of high school, and I never really understood the whole book. But this semester I finally finished the book, Orlando by Virginia Woolf with full comprehension, so I’m really proud of that too. My participation in other classes has improved which is something I see that is helping me with my public speaking. After reading my time capsule I’m really proud of myself, although my work in this class could have been better. I’ll just pat my back for myself considering this was my first semester and I didn’t fall into any bad habits.