Journal Blog 8: Final Task

© Designed by @storyset on Freepik

Throughout this week, my supervisor gave me another task. This task will hopefully be my final task(s) before reaching 120 hours for my internship. I have been assigned a new task. Essentially, this task is a hazard. I have to go through a long Excel document of over 200+ organizations. I think this document was created by one of my co-workers or the computer itself. Moving on forward, the Excel document consists of many different non-profit organizations that are associated with my organization, which is Giving Forward. My task is to check and make sure that each and every one of the organizations has a logo, website link, and description uploaded to our CMPP website. All of these organizations I have been on the sheet doesn’t contain EIN number.

EIN number is very important when it comes to me uploading the logos onto our CMPP. Without the number, I am unable to find the name or some information on different organizations. This task is challenging and it takes a lot of time. To keep track, I have created a Google sheet form of all the organizations listed in the document. Next, I went to each of the organization’s websites to check if I can find their EIN number through the organization’s website. Lastly, with their EIN pins, I am able to put them into our CMPP. However, the most difficult part is to make sure when I enter their EIN number, those organizations include logos, website links, and a brief description of their mission. If the organization does not have any information, I will then have to do it manually.

Date: 4/23 – 4/28/2023