Journal Blog 5: Brainstorming Emails Ideas

© Designed by @storyset on Freepik

After I have done my research on Amazon Smile and Omaze, my next task is to complete more research. This time, I have to focus on coming up with emails so I can send other non-profit organizations.

My supervisor told me to write 3 up paragraphs. When he said that I was thinking “why write that much??” But, I realized in the examples emails he sent me, most of them were not necessarily 3 paragraphs because who would read such a long email?

Anyways, it took me a pretty long to write and think about what to write. He told me to include something interesting that makes the other non-profits engage with our organization.

In the email, I included some similies, metaphors, organization that has their Amazon Smile linked to them, and why they should be part of my organization. As I finished writing my draft email, I realized I wrote too much which is an issue but somehow I am not sure how to resolve this issue.

[2/26/2023] I set up a meeting with my supervisor and he told me to minimize the email by making them much shorter. However, he also told me to collaborate with another student so we can work on this email together.

Date: 2/22 – 2/26/2023