Create a timeline of a brand identity history with its creation date(s), its logo and visual developments, its most recognizable advertising campaigns.
- by the end of the class Wednesday February 23rd, write a list of links that you will use for your research. Documents, text, photos …..
- by Sunday February 27th, 1pm, send a first version of your timeline
- by Sunday March 6th, 1pm, upload on your ePortfolio a timeline.
The definition of a timeline: a chronological arrangement of events in the order of their occurrence.
It is a form of visual biography or scheme presenting the important marks (set as dates) of the evolution of a brand identity.
1. Brand selection and research list
Select a brand that you are interested in.
Write one paragraph to present your choice following this form:
- Brand name
- Brand purpose
- Creation date
- Company owners
- Logo and Identity Designer(s)
- Advertising Agency (if any)
Brands can have a long history with an identity that changes over the time. Think to look into recognizable elements such as the logo, packaging, colors palette, advertising campaigns, commercial, social media presence …..
Here is a list of brands you can choose from:
- Louis Vuitton
- Warby Parker
- Kate Spade New York
- Whole Foods
- Burt’s Bees
Find the documentation necessary for your paper. Search online, but also at the school library. Use hyperlinks and describe clearly the location, title, writer or photographer of your documentation.
Post all the links of the documentation your found for your research in your ePortfolio.
2. Brand timeline, version 1
Structure your timeline with important dates of the brand with its creation, evolution of its identity such as logo and adverstising campaigns.
Post the text and images on your ePortfolio with the name of the brand for title.
3. Brand timeline, final
After my comments adjust your presentation and text on your ePortfolio and PDF.