1. Write a short biography.
Your biographies were fun to read. You can now upload them on your eportfolio with your portrait on your about page.
2. What is the best way to share a video file?
Basilly through YouTube or Vimeo. Sharing a link is way better, because the MP4 file is too big to attach in an email. Plus the embedded link like the one from Alesha above looks super pro.
3. The color space for digital videos is RGB.
Everything that is projected on a screen is.
4. The frequency of a frame rate is expressed in hertz.
Frame rate (expressed in frames per second or FPS) is the frequency (rate) at which consecutive images called frames appear on a display. The term applies equally to film and video cameras, computer graphics, and motion capture systems. Frame rate may also be called the frame frequency, and be expressed in hertz.
5. Explain “24 frames per seconds”
In one second of a film footage we are actually seeing 24 individual pictures that give the illustion of movement.
6. You need to have a Google account to be able to upload your video on YouTube.
7. True or false? To create the illusion of slow motion, images are captured at a higher frame rate.
8. Why silent movies appear to be jumpy?
In the early age the frame rate was much lower, about 16 FPD. Also the projectors were often cranked by hand which added to the irregularity. That’s where the expression undercranking comes from. It’s when movies look jumpy and faster.
9. Which sound is louder?
The sound with a high amplitude.
Amplitude: is the size of the vibration, it determines how loud the sound is, the “loudness” of the sound. The higher the height of the “bump” the louder the sound is.
10. When we see the full image of the screen it is called:
- Underscan: The full image.
- Overscan: It refers to a cropped image on your TV screen.
11. The lower the resolution, the smaller your video file.
I hope you got that by now!
12. True or false? Time-lapses are scenes representing a short spam of time passing slowly.
False, it’s the oposite. We see a long spam of time passing really quickly. The duration between each image captured is usually one second or higher giving the effet of speed.
13. Why the aspect ration of a movie tells you way more than what you may think?
Nowdays the directors cn choose any aspect ratio to accomodate their cinematography. It has become an artist statement to create a particular feeling.
14. Where do you use the vertical 9:16 format?
15. True or false? Were the silent movies filmed at 16 FPS in HD?
False, There was no high definition then.
16. The resolution has been described (accurately or not) by the number of pixels arranged horizontally and vertically on a monitor.
17. What makes a good video?
Well by now you hopefully know!
18. TRUE OR FALSE? To make a good video you just need to improvise.
I want to say false, don’t you think?