1. Read “Using Sources Ethically” by Marcia Muth and respond to the Questions below.
- Choose one to two pieces of information that you found interesting or learned from reading this piece? Why was it interesting? Explain!
- How can you use what you learned to help as you begin to write your feature articles?
2. Choose a Mentor Feature Article! (Remember it can be one of the class texts!)
3. Begin to find information to Quote, Summarize and Paraphrase from in your sources. You have already written some summaries, you may want to write more!
- Look through your sources
- Think about your Research Questions (Your KWL Chart!)
- Find AT LEAST one quote from your sources that you think meets the criteria of what to quote. Highlight it!
- Introduce it using a signal word (he argued, she said, etc).
- Think about WHY you would quote from this source and not paraphrase or summarize the section.
- Look through your sources.
- Think about your Research Questions.
- Find at least one place in one of your sources that you would like to try to paraphrase and then paraphrase the section!
- Explain WHY you would paraphrase this section (not quote it or summarize it).