A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Writing Discussion

After Unit 2, i started reflecting back to january and all i said was wow. This year feels like it has been 10000 years. i want to write about how exhausting this year has been and the things that has been happening everyday. I feel like it has been such a warfare. My target is audience is humans , no specific age group , just humans who are surviving this pandemic . So no , I don’t want to narrow it down , because we are all experiencing this new exhausting way of living, online schooling, societal movements , police brutality and spiritual warfare. The genre I believe that will best fit is informative articles. For unit 3, I would like to continue my topic of everyday living , and incorporate things I have gathered from observation during quarantine and since the start of this pandemic and also expand on religion and spirituality research. 

1. Namkha T Oedzer

The approach of your mentality, particularly the aspect of empathy towards all the individuals who have suffered the effects of this pandemic. I appreciate your concern and also the thought of addressing this particular topic as it is very necessary to have a channel to let all the stress out. However, I feel that your topic may be a little broad, as a reader, I would ask what part of the pandemic would the writer be addressing? The riots? The casualties? The jobs that were lost? I believe you will figure something out!

2. Ash

This topic really hits home for me and I’ll speak for most people I think it hits home for them. This pandemic really has been gruesome and exhausting. I never expected in my lifetime such a day and especially such a year would come. And as this continues this pandemic I know the lives of everyone will be different. As reading you post my friend also has his share of feelings. His feelings were he felt lost and didn’t know what to do. He said “ he didn’t ever expect to not want anymore free time”. He meant by this he always wanted time to do things but now with all this time he doesn’t know what to do. Maybe it has to do with we all have the time but we can’t leave and go anywhere. This free time would be fun if we go and have a trip to another country or take a camping trip but being stuck in your house is just depressing and boring and useless. It makes you feel sick of your phone, tv, electronics, you want to be out and be active, go eat but being stuck inside just feels lonely. So maybe you can add his and my thoughts to your writing if needed to share thoughts of how people feel during the pandemic and how it’s been a long year and we want to have it end. Your topic connects with many and I feel we all can share your pain so keep on going and write it or do a video whichever you may end up choosing at the end.