In james baldwins text he attempting to to say that theres a bigger picture and that the ‘he’ person just doesent have to look out in the world as a ‘negro’ but a regular human being.Telling him that he has the ability to brake boundries that he was taught that never existed.To know that the color of his skin shouldt detect how he goes about his life. 

“The world is larger” being of black decent especially back in the day you were not really allowed to look up at the sky but more so one in the direction of your feet.Hes trying to say that there there’s more in the world then what your master or what the white man tells you.That the color of your skin shouldn’t stop you from your/the truth. 

Man honestly school or the curriculum I can definitely say that if it weren’t for some of the teachers I had I wouldn’t know much.We had so many class discussions about real life things, things that were happening in the now, A class full of minorities with different view but all under the same umbrella .Not ones of people who went to a continents and stript them of everything they have including the people.This whole painting america to be this country and everywhere else is a 3rd world country.With this whole pandemic going on all these ‘third world’ countries got to see that America is not any different.When we learn about black history in school we rarely start off with what Africa was like before the robbery.Always the process and how the robbery was executed .Honestly the comment “go back to Africa” pisses me off so much that it makes me calm.Although this comment isn’t really told to me the people who it is told to didn’t choose to be here but wait before you even tell someone to go back to where they came from are you even aware of your own background.The property you bought last week was stolen yes of course on a piece of paper your name is written on it as owner but its stolen.The language you speak stolen.I honestly wished that we were taught the real america and what America was truly built on.