This one evening on a cool summer night, I was about 15 years old watching a documentary on my room floor the lights out and my focus was my I pad.I originally planned on watching the documentary out loud but my mother being in the kitchen cooking she usually kept her phone company recalling the people on her phone log.I was watching this one documentary about education, girls education in Africa.This one part of the documentary there was this family from Sudan an east African country, and the focus was the daughter of the famly.The daughter of this family was the only daughter in this documentary she had about three brothers.In this section of the documentary the girls father in talking in tongue while sub titles are written on the bottom of the screen.What I was able to grab from that was a frustrated father, a father who is frustrated because he’s running low on cattle and his only daughter who has the ability to get her father cattle through marriage decides to focus on school.At the time I was well aware of what was going on. In a lot of African cultures dowry is a huge part in marriage a lot of the dowry is made before the spouses even meet one another.The dowry can range from many things some as little as a few bags of rice to the spouse family, to as grand as a house for your spouses family.In this situation it was cattle, about 10-30 cows in exchange for the daughter hand in marriage.Sitting in the middle of middle of the room In the dark so much rage was built inside of me if I had the ability to glow I would have been piping red.Seeing that a father cared more about cows then his daughters education.Out of anger i was close to closing out the documentary and calling it a night until one of the daughters teachers came to her home to try to convince her father that education was more important then some cows.The father was able to be convinced and the one thing that stood out to me in the whole documentary was when the girl said “educated girls can buy their own cows”.The one quote that stood out to me being an African girl.