My experience with language has been similar to both Lyiscott as well as Tan. I can relate deeply and personally to both of these women, in the way that they speak on the different languages that they use in different scenarios. Lyiscott says, “Cause I speak three tongues One for each: Home, school, and friends.” This is personally relatable because as a student, I can agree that the way I    speak in class is proper as well as using the correct pronunciation and grammar. On the contrary, around my friends I use slang and speak in a different manner as well as tone. At home, with my mother and father I speak broken English as well as using slang from Trinidad. This can pose as an issue, with speaking 3 different types of English because the slang and mannerisms of each different slang may overlap with one another. It can pose difficult to sometimes separate these different scenarios and different speaking manners. Similar to that of Lyiscott, when she states, ” Sometimes I fight back two tongues While I use the other one in the classroom And when I mistakenly mix them up I feel crazy like … I’m cooking in the bathroom.” This shows that when her different speaking tones get confused, she may feel out of place. Additionally, this allows me to relate to Tan’s writing as well because my parents speak a certain type of broken English that may not be understandable to some. On the other hand, me personally could understand everything she says as well as pick up some of the slang and mannerisms she uses as she speaks. Tan and Lyiscott share these similar experiences of speaking different types of English in every setting they visit. These women speaking on their experiences has allowed me to realize the different types of English I speak when I am around different groups of people, which previously I had been oblivious to. From now on, I am able to notice and pay attention to the different language and slangs used in different environments and scenarios.