Reflection #1 (August 7)

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech, or anything important to you.

Read other classmates’ posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Alexisp11

I am a very friendly person. My goal is to get used to college life. I hope to learn about my career and make sure that it is what I want to study.

• Christian Lozano

This class will help you a lot then! By the time we’re done you will know more about the resources at the school than many other students, trust me.

• Heavyn

Hey Alexis! Your first semester or even the first year is where you explore the different major’s City Tech or any college offers. In my first year I wanted to do nursing and now going into my second year I changed my career path, so don’t think you are limited to the time you have to decide what you want to study.

• AlanC

Hello Alexis. I get that; without doing it, you really can’t know whether or not a career is something you’ll enjoy long-term. That’s one of the benefits of City-Tech: you should visit the Professional Development Center. They have people who can help when it comes to figuring out majors. They also have internships, which can give you a first-hand experience with jobs you maybe be interested in.

• John Campoverde

I also hope to learn about my major and the different program CityTech offers. I am in the Architecture BTech program after they changed my BArch program.

2. AlanC

Hi everyone! My name is Alan Cruz Campos. You can just call me Alan. Back into school after working for two years. (COVID changed plan at that time).

I’m working to complete a AAS in Computer Information Systems to help bolster my skillset; I worked in cabling in that two-year period. If you’ve passed by Hudson Yards in Hell’s Kitchen and spot the Spiral, you can see where I was working at.

I attended City’s Tech College Fair and was impressed by the various programs and degrees available. I’m looking forwards to knowing you guys better.

• Christian Lozano

Your degree will boost your credentials nicely when you tack on the work experience you already have. I’m sure that you will be successful in your endeavors and I look forward to working with you :).

• Heavyn

Hey Alan!, I’m glad you decided to continue your education; especially, here at City Tech because they have a lot of programs and certification classes to offer. What career do you plan to pursue if you decide to use your CIS degree?

• AlanC

Hey Heavyn! From my experience seeing more senior technician move from blue collar work to white collar, I want to peruse a full-time technician for an office or hospital space. A lot of these place constantly get small upgrade (wireless interfaces, higher bandwidth cable, internet of things connections).At least, that’s the plan.

3. Omarie

Hi everyone my name is Omarie my currently trying to major computer engineering tech my very nice and chilled person and my goal is too open more and improve my study skills also make new friends

• Christian Lozano

CET looks like a really exciting major. I would’ve tried it if my credits would transfer to it but there are almost no general education things in CET so I had to go with CST so that I can graduate in a reasonable amount of time. The CET program has a lot to offer and will be a lot of work but if you’re interested in it, I’m sure you’ll have no problem!

• AlanC

Hey Omarie! It was good speaking with you today, hope we get to know each other better!

• Heavyn

Hey Omarie!, Computer engineering tech is an interesting major to pursue. In college, you will obtain different study skills and will probably have different study styles depending on the course you’re taking.

4. Kayla N

One thing that I want my classmates to know about me is that I am very easy to talk too. My goal is to be on time with my work and don’t procrastinate. One thing I hope to learn is more about my major which is media tech.

• Christian Lozano

Procrastinating is the bane of all of us but figuring out how to work around it is how you succeed. I hope you get to know more about your major as soon as possible and make sure to not let procrastination get in the way of your goals. It’s never about how hard something is, but how much you’re willing to sacrifice to achieve it.

• Heavyn

Hey Kayla! It’s hard to not procrastinate lol. Trust me, as soon as you get your assignments do them right away or as soon as you can because it will help you a lot in the long run. I know you probably heard that a lot from teachers in high school, but college is a different ballpark. If you don’t do your assignments, professors wouldn’t remind you to do them, so it is always good to be organized and on top of your assignments so that you wouldn’t be stressed out on the due date.

5. Faris

Hey everybody, my name is Faris. I’d like you all to know that while it may not seem like it, I am easy to approach and get to know. My goal as a college student is to put my all into excelling in all my classes and not make the same mistake I made in high school, procrastinating. I chose City Tech because it seemed like a comfortable and not so intimidating school to start my college journey; it also has many opportunities that set it apart from other CUNYs and other colleges. During my first semester here, I hope to learn more about my major, more specifically about the variety of programming languages there are to learn.

6. Kye

Hello My name is kye, and one thing i want my classmates to know about me is that im a nice and easy going person. My goal as a college student is to make friends, while also maintining good grades. One thing I would like to learn is more about my major and how to apply what ive learned to the real world.

7. Mahrukh Qamar

Hi my name is Mahrukh Qamar my major is computer science. My goal for the semester is to stay on task for all of my classes and also socialize more because i get a bit hesitant.

8. Mohamed

One thing that I want my classmates to know about me is that I am a very shy person. My goal is stop been shy and be open more and be on time. I hope to learn about my career and make sure that it is what I want to study.

9. Phil

One thing I want my classmates to know is that I’m a chill laid back person. My main goals is to be proficient in my college work and get my degree.One I chose City Tech because of my major and also I know a lot of people that are starting in the fall. One thing I hope I learn is the importance of being on time

10. Yusuf Shaikh

My goal as a college student is to pass every class and I chose City Tech because it was favorable. I hope to learn more about the campus.

11. John Campoverde

I would like my classmates to know that I am very nice and am open to learn new ways to study, take notes, etc. I still need to adapt to organizing my notes online and I hope to learn that over the course of our first week.