Developed by Professor Goodlad + Professor Paruolo

Reflection #4

Now that you are halfway through the workshop, what questions do you still have about becoming a college student? Ask four questions you would like to have answers to by the end of the City Tech 101 Workshop.

1. Kirill

May I have more than one major?

What is minor?

If it is possible to have more than one major or have a minor with a major, would the cost of education be bigger?

Are there any volleyball clubs in City tech, or something like music clubs?

• Salma Razak

You can definitely have more than one major. I’ve seen someone do three majors. But as long as you can handle the course load too!

A minor isn’t required but it’s classes you can take that will fulfill your elective requirement. If you were majoring in comp sci and you had an interest for sociology. You could take roughly 16 credits under the sociology minor.

In terms of tuition cost, I cannot give you an exact amount but I would speak to financial aid.

Heres the link to more clubs: https://www.citytech.cuny.edu/clubs/

2. Israt Korno

Where can I find tutoring at City Tech?

Are there any job opportunities?

Any advice for freshman students?

What clubs, student organizations, or extracurricular activities do you recommend?

3. Sevinch

I do not have any questions, everything is clear for now.

4. Precious Oduro

1. How can a student work on campus?
    2. Are there one on one tutorials for students who need extra help after classes?
    3. Any religious organizations available at City tech?
    4. Will tours and trips be encountered regularly?
    • Salma Razak

A. There are many ways to work while on campus. A lot of the working opportunities do have a criteria you must follow. For example, you can work with Student Life and Development, Peer Mentoring etc.

B. Yes! We have FREE tutoring available 24/7. Follow this link: http://tutor.com/ Contact jrockway@citytech.cuny.edu for more help if needed or you can stop by the Atrium Learning Center located in LG18 for more tutoring help.

C. In terms of religious organizations, we do have clubs but if you do not find any organization that follows your belief, start one!

D. Usually there aren’t any trips, it depends on the class.

5. Zerich

How do I get job on campus?

Is there extra classes in computer system department, Like tutoring?

• Salma Razak

There are many ways to get a job on campus. Stay alert of the fliers on campus, emails from CUNY Corps etc. You can also become a peer mentor, ask me how!

We have FREE tutoring available 24/7. Follow this link: http://tutor.com/ Contact jrockway@citytech.cuny.edu for more help if needed or you can stop by the Atrium Learning Center located in LG18 for more tutoring help. But if you don’t mean that you need tutoring and want to be a tutor, then I would contact the department of interest.

6. Hira Latif

I want to know if you applied for TAP so, am I still eligible for ASAP program?

7. Nickayla Wiggan

Where would I go for financialAid help?

How many times can your major be switched?

Can you add more classes to your schedule at any point and time in the semester?

What are good part-time jobs?

• Salma Razak

A. All financial aid issues and clarification:

You can email the dept at: financialaid@citytech.cuny.edu

or visit them in person NG-13

B. You can switch your major as many times as you want but your financial aid may be affected.

C. No, you cannot add more classes

D. Good part-time jobs could be a cashier job or something in your field. Lets say you were a biology-major, it would be wise to get into research-part to build experience.

8. Kenie

How do you get comfortable with the choices you make?

how do you know what’s best at the end?

how to not doubt your choices?

how do you not pressure or panicked yourself?

9. Khandoker

Where do you go to change majors? Also if you were to transfer where would you go?